Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:48 am 
Mortal

TheCannibal wrote:
You can't use any pets in duelist guild rules which precludes mounted knights from fighting on horseback (not necassary but fun for rp)

No it doesn't. Just don't have your pet in your group. Then you can still be mounted, the thing just doesn't involve itself in the combat or get in the way of the dualist's guild rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:55 am 
Mortal

TheCannibal wrote:
My friends gigantos pit bull terrior bred for pit fighting is named Ms. Boots.

My cat is called Boots. He's continually getting owned by my other cat, Ziggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:57 am 
Mortal

B00ts wrote:
You guys have no idea how confusing you are to someone outside of the circle.
Quote:
Self-awareness is such a rare gift in people these days

Sorry mate, you've lost me. What circle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:38 am 
Mortal

teh1337n00b wrote:
Answer me this.

Why HARDCODE a new duel system, or fix the already existing "broken" one, since we DO NOT NEED IT?

Can't you just set up the rules and stick to them, and duel outside the guild? For being such crybabies, i have seen countless duels between ANY class duel without the guild to a set of acceptable rules from both sides.

Why do you need to be enforced by code into something that can be RP'ed out?
:-?

I absolutely agree with him. Please, there are much better things to spend time on than fixxing an already useless dueling system (for example, Avan's Keep).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:07 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Lagelli wrote:
I absolutely agree with him. Please, there are much better things to spend time on than fixxing an already useless dueling system (for example, Avan's Keep).

One item is a code issue, one item is a builder issue. Dulrik works on the code, the rest of the staff builds areas. The restructuring of A'van Keep is a priority, but there are a few projects ahead of it on the minds of those who are interested in finishing it. I've not volunteered to do it, because there's other things that are already in the game that need fixed. (read: Sacred Armor) Not to mention all the spiffy RP's that have been happening have seemed to spawn extra building projects. That said, I think everyone wants to see the Keep back.

Back on topic, there's been numerous duels recently. I don't know how often the duelist's noteboard gets cleaned up, but when I checked on Thursday there were over 250 in the list. Many of them were recent. I don't know that I really ever needed the duelist guild to duel anyone, but I won't admonish anyone for doing so. Of course, I've never played a hellion or paladin. I don't think that knight classes are bound by the duelist guild, but I think they have the greatest amount of IC opportunity to use it.

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:42 pm 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
Lagelli wrote:

One item is a code issue, one item is a builder issue. Dulrik works on the code, the rest of the staff builds areas. The restructuring of A'van Keep is a priority, but there are a few projects ahead of it on the minds of those who are interested in finishing it. I've not volunteered to do it, because there's other things that are already in the game that need fixed. (read: Sacred Armor) Not to mention all the spiffy RP's that have been happening have seemed to spawn extra building projects. That said, I think everyone wants to see the Keep back.

I didn't mean in any way that it was taking too long, and only used it as one example. Another example would be that I would much rather have Thuban (or any other imm) participate in those spiffy RPs than spend that potential RP time trying to fix the dueling system (an already uneccessary addition to the mud). I haven't seen a multi immortal RP in a while.. but then again I haven't seen a single immortal RP in a while either :oops: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:15 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Jardek wrote:
This is a fantastic idea and should be taken further. Why do we need a combat code at all? I mean, we can just RP all battles out, that'd be so much sweeter than relying code.

You know exactly what I mean but playing dumb definatley suits you. :drunk: