Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:29 am 
Mortal

josephusmaximus3 wrote:
Let's compare the fighter races.
Giants - 24 con, 25 str, 18 dex, size giant
Cents - 23 con, 23 str, 16 dex, size large

When I try to think how much agile a giant would be compared to a centaur these stats come to my mind:
Giants - 24 con, 25 str, 16 dex
Cents - 23 con, 23 str, 18 dex

Think of a giant and a centaur running 110m hurdles. Or even better that caribbean thing where you pass under the waist high rope. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:49 am 
Mortal

STR scales differently the higher it goes. Kinda like this...

25 - 24 > 15-14

Note: These numbers are horridly fictious. Dulrik said he doesn't like real numbers being shown so I wont.

The difference of 25 str and 24 str is greater, in lbs, than the difference between 15 str and 14 str. Lets say that you can lift 500 lbs at 25 strength, but only 400 at 24. If you could 500 lbs at 15 str you could lift 490 at 14. The lb gap isn't as extreme.

Sprites get 15 str. 20 with gstr.

They should get 16.

That way they can get up to 21 str with gstr.

There IS a difference.

Giving them 17 str would be just insane. Because they could then get to 22 with is a far bigger diference. What breaks it is a certain cabal spell. Though it isn't nearly as broken with onyl a 21 str with gstr.

Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Basically they should be able to be low end "powerfull" naturally, and low end "titantic" with giant strength. Right now they can only be high end strong and high end powerfull without a certain cabal spell. Adding the one point would make that cabal spell alot more affective. Adding two points would make it cheator though.

It used to be that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:04 am 
Cute does not mean charismatic.

A little furry doggie is cute. That does not make you want to follow it into the pits of hell and back. Imho, 20 cha is too much for sprites. I wouldnt follow a sprite's leadership skills to get me out of my own house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:09 am 
Mortal

Uh, CHA doesn't have to be leaderships skills.

Sprites can't get rally cry anyway.

Their CHA is used more for taunting, singing, charming magically, and ordering pets.

Since sprites are damn annoying they should taunt well.

Since sprites are made of nature stuff they should be good at taming aminals.

Since sprites be magical they charm spells should work.

Yes, their patriotic speaches and such wouldn't be that good, thank Dulrik they don't have any classes where they would be put in such a position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:20 am 
Well, according to 2nd eddition D&D, charisma is broken down to Appearance, and Leadership.

20 appearance is reasonable for a sprite, though they all look ugly to me. As per leadership, personaly i'd give them a score of 10. That is, just enough to be able to get their kids to barely listen to them. Though of course, my oppinion about sprites is biased. I hate them.

On another matter, Sprites have 20 wisdom, and from what i've seen, 80% of caster sprites (which most usualy means a maxed out wis) RP a wisdom score of 10 or less.

I dont know about you, but I find the fact that sprites (20 max wis) can be wiser then elves (18 max wis) kind of ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:52 am 
Mortal

Lol Erevan, so you want sprites to have under a 20 in every single stat score except int and dex? Yeaaaa right. Personally I like sprites as long as they aren't played TOO retardedly, a bit of fun is always welcome.

As I said before however, their stats are fine except maybe +1 more strength.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:25 am 
Mortal

Sprites used to naturally get to the first level of powerful str. Then for some reason their str stat was lowered. My sprite rogue had powerful str naturally and I don't remember what the explanation at the time for their lowering it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:04 am 
Mortal

-Johnix- wrote:
josephusmaximus3 wrote:
Let's compare the fighter races.
Giants - 24 con, 25 str, 18 dex, size giant
Cents - 23 con, 23 str, 16 dex, size large

When I try to think how much agile a giant would be compared to a centaur these stats come to my mind:
Giants - 24 con, 25 str, 16 dex
Cents - 23 con, 23 str, 18 dex

Think of a giant and a centaur running 110m hurdles. Or even better that caribbean thing where you pass under the waist high rope. :lol:

Not in Pyrathia, in Pyrathia giants get 18 and centaurs 16. I think it should be the other way around, but it isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:08 am 
Personaly, I'd lower sprite wis by two or maybe three and raise their int by two.

Sprites are sharp as a razor. Theyre great at finding all availiable options to a certain situation instantly, but they lack the patience to rinse through them and find the RIGHT one. Hence, high int, low wis.

Still, this is not my game, so meh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:12 am 
Mortal

There's nothing wrong with sprites.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next