Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:35 am 
Mortal

Right, like there is not a very common spell that can make an elemental instantly vanish. So what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
juggernaut wrote:
Right, like there is not a very common spell that can make an elemental instantly vanish. So what?

Obviously you have no idea of what I am talking about and I don't intent on giving any more details, at least for as long as I play a necro.

If this is supposed to be a QQ thread:
The necromancer class has horifically been wimped over the last three years and I suggest that you people should go find another toy to cry about. If you seek spells to confront one as things are, you should be looking at the most fundimental and easy ones to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:57 am 
Mortal

Actually, this was not a thread to QQ about how overpowered necros are, but I guess you see such threads everywhere :P

It's a thread about something being annoyingly unfair about warlocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:04 am 
Mortal

Im2old4u wrote:
The necromancer class has horifically been wimped over the last three years and I suggest that you people should go find another toy to cry about. If you seek spells to confront one as things are, you should be looking at the most fundimental and easy ones to find.

ROFL. There is no doubt in the mind of anyone who plays SK that necromancer is, by far, the most powerful class in this game. Until you can no longer create more than three or four animates, it's going to stay that way - and even then, they will still be one of the strongest classes in the game. Get a grip on yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:02 am 
Mortal

Please, bards own a necros face in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:13 am 
Mortal

Bards are useless when it comes to real PK, its just we havent had any real PK, I'm hoping Algon proves the point of Deafness>bard fairly soon here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:21 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

I hate to agree with Teh_Peso, but he is right. There are some very rare exceptions but bards are pretty worthless in PK, especially since the things that would make them good in PK cannot be used in groups.

Juggs, with as long as I played Acirin (almost a 1000hrs), I had my elemental dismissed only a couple times. I had more of an issue with a certain cabal ability making my elemental less effective than someone dismissing it. If anything, a Warlock's elemental should be made tougher, not in damage soaking, but it's ability to resist certain spells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 am 
Mortal

An elemental should receive all the saves of the caster as they are bound to them, in my humble opinion. This is so you cannot 'dispel magic' them so easily.

You can use pets with a warlock until the minute you train 'conjure elemental', and at that point you must dismiss your pet before you can conjure anything. I tried this with Jeved to see if you could have two pets.

Warlocks can't have pets because they have a guarenteed anywhere in the world except no-magic rooms you can get a rawr tank.

Animates do not survive long, are not immune to a lot of weapon types, do not see invis/hidden, and do not rock as hardcore as a fire elemental ever will. Sure you can get a hundred of them but that's a necro. They can also be obliterated by a holy word, or a dispel magic stave, and there is a class that is a killer for necros, elementalists have no such opponent.

Necros are great death dealers with animates, controls, FoD, et cetera. Warlocks are great utility characters with healing, Magma, tracking, elementals (that don't require corpses), and a myriad of other tools that make them very potent, with or without a storebought pet.

Both classes are currently fine. If anything needs reviewed it's more content, and more scheduled global and local RPs. No need to make a stink about something that is fine to all save for those that are ignorant; however, if you are the ignorant type, then simply get educated.

QED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:01 am 
Mortal

completely agree with fepel.

Though into the list of things animates cant do I would insert, "see in the dark"...
thats right folks, undead can't see in the dark. Know how annoying that is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:22 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Just for clarification.

I started this thread from my frustration of having an elemental, needing to buy a mephit to resize some EQ and not being able to because of me already having a pet (elemental).. then having to wait like an hour for it to expire.
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next