Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:35 am 
Mortal

People have been begging for the ability to choose the enchantment they want, since that would be too strong why not have the spell allow you to pick one enchantment you do not want?

Syntax would be the same
c 'enchant armor' <enchantment> where enchantment is the one you do not want. This would help with the time problem of most classes and sorc/necros could always choose reflex or whatever it is they did not want on that piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:51 am 
If that is ever implemented, it should be a GM perk, not a right by any old expert joe schmoe. Kind of like a specialization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:51 am 
Mortal

Actually this will simply create what is considered good suits now for everyone who doesn't want to put some effort in enchanting(8+ good enchants each piece), but those that put effort now will simply get suits with 15 good enchants on them.

Art will become totally useless.

No.

Also, yes, there needs to be more -MR EQ, not great decrease, but even a -2 MR piece should be REALLY hard to get(not Iron Citadel, but at least wastelands for example).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 am 
Dark-Avenger wrote:
Only sorc and perhaps necro should bother to get an MR suit. Any other class should try to get fort/will/MP instead.

And ilkaisha is right. And she has enchanted a LOT of things for me, that are junked usually after the 4th enchantment. :oops:

Lol. I'd love to turn those useless enchantments off. Should have seen how many Helms of Gods' Blessings Naixin and I went through last night, though. That was crazy. When I finally managed to get *1* on there, it was at least what she was looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:54 am 
Mortal

Eh, let's think about it. One of the classes people complain about SK needing more of is priests. Out ot the two enchanting classes (priest and Sorceror) who is better off without MR? Priest? I've been playing them lately and the thing that burns me out is getting a really good suit then having to enchant another one later. I just can't handle spending my entire weekend sitting in my room, logged onto a game sitting in a room there enchanting. Might make priests more attractive.

Edit -
If it's done as a GM perk, art could also be boosted. Problem solved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:26 am 
Mortal

If art is boosted all nearly naked or the few people that just don't care for more than 3-4 enchants each piece will get raped by spells. Worse than today.

The whole art/saves system is pretty balanced now IMO. Not everyone needs to resist everything(you can't after all), not everyone needs to spam die to max art casters.

Leave it as it is. Or if you are bored enchanting your own suit for a whole weekend, keep some MR on it also. And I doubt a suit takes a weekend to enchant. With proper items to start with good enchants(that need like 4-5 good enchants to be considered above average) and good timing in enchanting(it can be done easily - just like brew and scribe) it shouldn't really be a problem to get a very nice suit fast.

Last edited by Dark-Avenger on Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am 
Mortal

Well, when you play a priest and do so without relying on a sacred suit I will take your word for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:33 am 
Mortal

I have a sorc and I know.

Also when I had my first scout and I had a very reliable enchanter(Heldorian), I could easily get decent skins and pretty fast also.

It's all in the timing. Don't waste any ticks while enchanting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:35 am 
Mortal

Sorc is a class that uses MR. Not the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:51 am 
Mortal

Most of them, not I.

I prefer to use magical devices and scripts. And MR is annoying. It takes some time, but not that much time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next