Yes! 42%  42%  [ 13 ]
No! 45%  45%  [ 14 ]
Maybe! (wert option) 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:26 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
Perhaps a gag command that would suspend the message for half an hour. It is really annoying when you get the “you are hungry/thirsty” message during some long rp and even more disturbing when you see others (or yourself) stop in the middle of the great ritual with the Ancient spirits, powerful gods, dragons, Emperor's etc to grab a bite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:25 am 
Mortal

As much as I despise Salandarin, I have to admit that this is a good idea. Morovik said it best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:56 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Either allow to toggle ON/OFF or gag it as Morovik suggested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:12 am 
Mortal

instant_karma wrote:
As much as I despise Salandarin, I have to admit that this is a good idea. Morovik said it best.

I agree. Even if there is a different script such as "you feel hunger pains but ignore them." it would be less annoying, or even make the spam more tolerable.

Mind you, not a big complaint here, but for a game that spends so much on subtleties of RP, scripts like, “YOU ARE HUNGRY” seems a bit base and obtrusive at times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
There isn't a single RP session the message 'YOU ARE HUNGRY' ever missed.

It is always there, annoying as hell to bother you in every damn tick. It is beckoning to choose between having that msg distracting you over and over again or either create a huge spam of taking food out of a container and eating it one by one, between some nice emotes and whatever else.

Possible solutions:

1. Code some way to gag those echoes for those who can't do it by their interface.

2. Make hunger to appear less often, that kind of reality doesn't offer anything to SK imo anyway; Let alone some vague sense of reality.

3. Let one piece of food to fill your character up and if the current system is too important for reasons beyond my comprehension, allow different sizes in those portions for god's sake.

4. Allow the characters to eat automatically for as far as they carry enough food on them or in a container. An addition of an "auto food" command, so you will get a warning only when you are running low on resources and you won't have to see any warnings or spam.

In a world where people can be turned to stone and then return to life with a snap of a finger, eating 6 pounds of food every 24 hours doesn't spice anything up. Instead, it momentarily bridges SK with the reality, we the players, know.

PS. Would be nice if "Buy 15.fish" bought 15 fishes, instead of 15 lines with 15 responses from the shopkeeper thanking you over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...over while the rest of the people have to search between those lines for if the person they were speaking responded to their question.

At least make all that spam only visible to the buyer.

Cheers.-