Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 07/06/2013 Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:45 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Le Petit Prince wrote:
Would it be possible to give lower-level characters--say, expert and below--the option to hide their tribunal flag?

Another possibility - like religion flags - another level of tribunal called 'recruit.' No law immunity for them, no ability to manipulate the guard, no access to see diplomacy, etc. However - access to the channel. Oathbreaker flag would still affect them so they can't go from place to place as a recruit. You are still giving your promise to join the club. But - this would/could be a viable reason for a recruit not to be listed on the who list. The advantage to being a recruit is in on the RP communications and able to 'hook-up' with members easier, get the training help, learn the diplomatic ropes.

I think this would help Dulrik's wish for tribunals to be more-inclusive, satisfy lowbies getting into groups without being insta-targets, increase the RP, etc.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
At that point all you're doing is allowing access to the tribunal channel. It seems a bit silly to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:25 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Edoras wrote:
At that point all you're doing is allowing access to the tribunal channel. It seems a bit silly to me.

That would be called a channel to RP with and feel involved with, and thus be 'in' the group without being known to the realms. It's good for that initiation process, and would encourage/increase the probability members of the group would be helping that person train up as they are giving their oath/promise to be serve. It would also be a means for 'secret members,' who can't really do anything, but.. well be those spying type communicators, without giving themselves away (by title, law immunity, guard ordering, etc.)

It would also encourage the new players, or long term newb players to get involved with a tribunal. It promotes inclusiveness. This way you can take someone who may not be 'fit' enough, and get them involved with the poltics and feel as a more experienced vet/leader of the group, they are giving their oath, so what you put into them, likely is going to have an ROI with them becoming a full fledged member. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:26 am 
Mortal

Great idea Pook!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:42 am 
Mortal

I don't mind that idea at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:04 am 
Mortal

I'm a big fan of inclusiveness when it comes to both cabals and tribunals. Get them in as low lvl as possible, so you can help them level and get them caught up in the social enviroment within the group. I think this helps players stick with their character through the leveling proces and keep them from getting tired of their character before it reaches its prime (wether or not this is actually so, I dunno).
Always having to look over your shoulder while leveling because you might get pk'ed isn't very stimulating for the playing experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Can you enable the ability to "who tribunalname" now that tags are public knowledge?

Quote:
who keeper
You are not a member of that faction!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:56 pm 
Implementor

Yes, I suppose I could. Not sure when I'll get to it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 pm 
Mortal

Stupid question here that was probably answered already but, You can only have one character in a cabal and multiple in tribunals, right? I cant have a hammer and a crucible at the same time? Just double checking.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
jreid_1985 wrote:
Stupid question here that was probably answered already but, You can only have one character in a cabal and multiple in tribunals, right? I cant have a hammer and a crucible at the same time? Just double checking.

Right.

Tribs = as many chars as you want.

Cabals = only one char across all alts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12