Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:09 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: That'd be telling
that shows you trying to butcher the thing you are fighting... above it you butcher a corpse while it looks like you are fighting another spider...

or did i midread what happened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:36 pm 
Mortal

Just go level a scout 6 levels in 5 minutes and see for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:28 pm 
Mortal

Guys. Junking means destroying. Destroying things that are often hard, massive or anything.

But no, actually.. take a sweater.

Rip it apart. Not just a single tear, 'destroy it.'

What, took you more than a few seconds? Surely not something you could possibly do without the use of your hands while FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE? Surely an object made of tanso steel or (god forbid) Mithril and even stronger metal substances would demand even more time.

Put on a little lag. As Wort said time and again. Nothing to make junk unusuable, but surely something to make it "FEEL" like your character is doing something. Maybe put on more lag the more durable the object's material is.

I'm all in for other commands (geat, use and especially, 'wear') to need time too. All this would most add a strong dose of realism in SKs, the lack of which a lot of players have grown unbelievably content with in some cases, it seems. Don't even have to make it lag per se. Just have a seperate timer for each use of the command, which will count until the task in question is complete (effectively keepnig the character from repeating the command for a set amount of time but not hindering him in other things). Just an idea.

Oh and Fepel, don't confuse freedom to do some things with pretty commonly sensible time demands on these particular actions. I don't think your "liberty to do anything we want" point has any validity. Remember this is an automated game system, where you cannot do a LOT of things anyway (ever tried grappling an enemy and pinning him down? Oh, you can't even try it in SKs, riiiiiight.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:37 pm 
Mortal

i think the problem is the junk ALL that I have. Sure junk a weapon, a cuirass or whatever. Why can you junk all but not take all, from say a stunned shopkeeper or pc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:46 pm 
Mortal

Guys, I think that most of the 'junk alling' goes down when someone types get all from corpse, goes back to their headquarters, drops it all on the ground, sorts out what they want, and then finally junks the rest. You aren't getting your equipment back anyways, stop crying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:12 pm 
Mortal

Gilgon wrote:
Guys, I think that most of the 'junk alling' goes down when someone types get all from corpse, goes back to their headquarters, drops it all on the ground, sorts out what they want, and then finally junks the rest. You aren't getting your equipment back anyways, stop crying.

Right, and if that happens, it doesn't really matter very much at all if the person is lagged a second or two. And if someone wants to throw away his life in exchange for destroying someone else's equipment, then sure, let him junk it in combat. In exchange, he suffers a second of lag. It makes plenty of sense ICly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:42 pm 
This is the best idea ever.

Also, we should just add lag onto everything, like onto says and emotes. That way people can't spam. And also, add lag to spells after they've been cast, because it'll help prevent people from spam casting to learn their spells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:53 pm 
Mortal

Can we add lag to forum posting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:56 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

How about adding lag to lagging?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:03 pm 
That would be awesome.

And lag to logging on, I think. That way you could increase your lagging experience, because as we all know, lag = fun.

How funny is it that a game tries for years to reduce lag, and then once it's reduced, it re-adds it as a 'feature'. Not funny 'ha ha'. More funny 'hm'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next