Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:54 am 
Mortal

From my experienve. it is hard to get a piece of EQ with 1, maybe 2 or less MR on it. if I got 2 on every piece, that would be enough MR to be annoying and might even get you killed when you needed a heal or something to land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:58 am 
Mortal

Your experience is very limited then.

Yes, usually if you start at 0 enchantments you will get 1 or 2 of MR out of 8 enchantments. That's why you start enchanting things that start with great MP, great will or great fort. Depend on such things, just enchant them four times, if faded/MRed, junk-retake-retry. It's way easier that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:01 pm 
Mortal

There's not enough mithril that starts with that for everyone. Is there?

As for experienve, I am on my second priest in a row and have spent about 550 hours on this one and the same on the other. A pretty good ammount of experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:10 pm 
Mortal

I should add that there was maybe 2 months difference between the characters. If after over 1,000 hours total playing priests the only thing that I feel burnt out about is enchanting, perhaps that's proof enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:22 pm 
Mortal

josephusmaximus3 wrote:

There are not enough staves of demise or coils of enslavement either. So do you have a suggestion to solve this matter as well?

Yes, items that start with nice enchantments are greatly desired usually. If you can get them, good for you. You spend less time enchanting. If not, sux2bu. Spend way more time to get an equally powerful suit. Or just spend equal amount of time, but get a worse suit.

That's the penalty in any online game if you can't get to phat lewt. Be it I win items, scripted items, items with phat enchants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm 
Mortal

Dark-Avenger wrote:
josephusmaximus3 wrote:

There are not enough staves of demise or coils of enslavement either. So do you have a suggestion to solve this matter as well?

Yes, items that start with nice enchantments are greatly desired usually. If you can get them, good for you. You spend less time enchanting. If not, sux2bu. Spend way more time to get an equally powerful suit. Or just spend equal amount of time, but get a worse suit.

That's the penalty in any online game if you can't get to phat lewt. Be it I win items, scripted items, items with phat enchants.

Guess you just contradicted your own claims that enchanting doesn't take that long. Sure if you have a sacred suit or one of the elite suits. But foreveryone else "sux2bu" and "spend way more time to get an equally powerful suit".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:33 pm 
Mortal

Learn the game better, grab better armor. Basic thing that you should all understand. Don't expect to just enter a cheat code and get the uber suit of pwnij in SK, as you propably do in most other computer games. It's supposed to be a normal to hard difficulty game, not a very easy one.

Also, I didn't contradict myself. Enchant with a good timing and you'll get a good suit starting from 0 enchantment pieces in a few hours. I saw Heldorian doing it, I actually had sorcs/priests do the same with my other scout as well.

Now if back then I knew how to grab a suit with great MP on each piece to start with, I could propably enchant it as I wanted it within 1-2 hours. Less than the few hours that Heldorian spent, and WAY less than your lost weekends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm 
Mortal

You are wrong there. I have spent "a few hours" and I dont have a suit yet. It took me a weekend to get an "ok" suit, took longer than that to modify pieces till I got a good one.

Heldorian, another sorc. Probably used MR then. So it is not applicable to the discussion of a very low MR suit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:42 pm 
Mortal

You need to read better. I am not Tragonis. My scout though, he used to travel to wastelands all the time and camped in the tangle only to return with like 20+ mithril skins. Since I wasn't getting the enchant armor spell, Heldorian did it for me. And just trust me, he was a very efficient enchanter. He knew how to time his enchanting process so he didn't have more than 1 out of 8 idle ticks(using an inn of course). 7/8 ticks he was using them to enchant skins, just as many times as needed, then fell asleep to grab the tick mana regen.

This way enchanting won't take that awfully long. Get a bard to help you, you can enchant non-stop.

It's NOT that big of deal if you know how to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm 
Mortal

All your arguements seem to add up it us "preserve twinkdom". I am pretty good at being efficient with the ticks while enchanting. It's still a royal pain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next