Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 07/06/2013 Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:04 pm 
Mortal

I kind of agree with Adder. Tribunals allowed us a way to get around the lower player count. "Make some friends," the advice given to us in-game, is an excellent ideal to live up to when there are friends to be made...but I'm very unconvinced that it is at all a practical possibility.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:19 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
And law immunity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Removing casting is a great first step. I'd love to see trib NPCs significantly nerfed across the board - maybe an expert level cap or something - just to make them more speedbumps as opposed to real competition for grizzled PC adventurers. Just thoughts, though, as I'm really excited to try out these changes. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:37 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
patrisaurus wrote:
Removing casting is a great first step. I'd love to see trib NPCs significantly nerfed across the board - maybe an expert level cap or something - just to make them more speedbumps as opposed to real competition for grizzled PC adventurers. Just thoughts, though, as I'm really excited to try out these changes. Thanks guys.

Hey why not just remove the NPCs all together...useless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:54 pm 
Mortal

Did the bug of not being able to bring law NPCs with you to the Empire ever get fixed or due to this update you can bring them everywhere again?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:30 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

SK Character: Sargas
Galactus wrote:
Did the bug of not being able to bring law NPCs with you to the Empire ever get fixed or due to this update you can bring them everywhere again?

It ought to be fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:20 pm 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:

I couldn't possibly agree more. I'm extremely excited about the changes and where they're pushing us forward, the updates are definitely breathing new life in to SK.

Thanks, D.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:33 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
So no more Tribunal resurrections. Not really a fan of this specially as a late night player.

Seems like this is going to have Major RP implications to all the tribunal factions, or should I say regressions as now they will mostly be returned to cabal hands. Unless there is some kind of rule about not being able to lead both factions.

Gray Aura people just seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick on this one as there is very limited tribunal/cabal RP. Also dark aura people who want to RP outside of the standard faction battle lines. This is the first code update ever where I have felt it has effected my RP/char resources so much my char may not be a viable option any more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:42 pm 
Mortal

Lets give these changes a little more time to set in before we jump to conclusions. I think these are nice changes imho and look forward to the clashing factions rp. Although I have to say, I think the tribunals with paladin NPCs have smarter AI in terms of what they cast mid-battle. Not a problem really, but I think they still hold the slight advantage with BoG.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:48 pm 
Mortal

I'm really not sure how you can come to the conclusion that these changes actually limit you in any way when I can think of a million different possibilities for new plot lines. Like Justin said, you should give it some time to mull over before jumping to conclusions. This is probably the first change in years that i've legitimately been super excited about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next