Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:31 pm 
Mortal

No, I think it sucks. Will turn tribs to another CRS. Tribs are at war currently, and there is conflict due to real RP reasons. Raids do cost money and other loses to the tribs already. Why do we have to turn everything to this robotic-mechanic-coded boring thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:17 am 
Mortal Contributor

Because there isn't any other major way to do major economic damage to another country, and there isn't any other real way to force anyone to "submit" in the game. Most activity happens in cities, not in cabal headquarters. This kind of raid would involve not only the tribunal, but any citizens or like-aligned visitors that are around that want to help defend. I actually don't foresee it being boring, I actually think it would make the CRS system a boon to the game as opposed to how it seems to be right now: an afterthought that's been almost all but forgotten.

Also, because CRS right now is pointless and this will give a point to the CRS code. It moves the focus back to cities.

Conflict due to RP reasons is fine. I never said party vs party would become obsolete. Raiding the city to deal visible damage is actually a dangerous thing with this suggestion, because you have to deal with whatever defenders are around, any spawned guards AND any other people who decide to jump in to help.

As a side note, I think to gain entry to the "core" of the areas (city hall statue, bank vault, headquarter barracks), you would have to kill two fair-leveled guards at the entrance and the person barring entrance (sergeant at headquarters, head teller at bank, judge/magistrate at city hall) would have the key. Once they are dead and the key is lifted, you enter "raid" mode. Tribunal members aren't alerted until the Judge is engaged in combat. To facilitate things, the Judge and the guards do not aid anyone in combat but their own group (they are not marked as 'cityguards' per se). This is so that an outlaw running around doesn't accidentally start a raid. :P

As a side note, move the prison into the city halls in a separate 'corridor' and have a JAILOR NPC hold the key instead of a judge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:29 am 
Mortal

Nothingxs, your ideas about cabals I like or are growing on me but the details of moving CRS to cities I’m not a fan of. One of the reasons CRS was put in the way it was is to move the constant fighting outside of the cities and away from the newbies. The effectiveness of this can be debated but the goal still stands. Personally I don’t think fighting should be moved to the city, rather more structured. So my suggestion would be to implement Cannibal’s ideas about room destruction/rebuilding to implement the economic and moral bonus/penalties. Also, Dulrik has been talking about creating siege machines and such. So remove all flying entrances, place guards at the gates (with detects) and when a member of a tribunal at war with that country approaches the guards close the gates. Hence, the only way a member of a warring tribunal can enter is through a siege attack. If a siege is started an alarm will go off within the city and alert the attacked city’s tribunal members.

This would effectively allow those within the city plenty of warning on what is coming, thereby effectively meeting the goal of safe guarding newbies from raids. Granted they could get caught in one but they will have warning rather then just suddenly killed. Also, it then promotes the epic siege style battle as well as allowing one tribunal to “force another to submit”. I still like the idea of building outposts and claiming land but if that is to happen again it is much more long run, although would be the most effective way to allow tribunals to war away from newbies.

Now these are good idea and relate to dual membership but to a relatively small degree. Ultimately for any of this to happen, I believe dual membership would need to be implemented where tribunals are moved to the forefront and cabals to the shadows. Now even if Dulrik isn’t a fan of these ideas, dual membership’s benefits stand on their own.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:22 am 
Mortal

Whatev, the only way to fix the system is to highlight its flaws, daily, with bright yellow sharpy!

I enjoy how people have nice lofty goals, but it's awkwardly easy to find out which tribunal/cabal someone is a part of through IC or OOC means. The future of dual-membership will be Hammers in an alliance with the peacekeepers and therefore are in both organizations. I don't really mind that, but I think some people will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:50 am 
Mortal

Lei_Kung wrote:
Oh come on man. That's why I said let's assume.

That's an absurd assumption, is all. Odd choice to make a point. But carry on. I only really take issue with LK's claim that merging cabals and tribs "won't work", given that it has in the past.

EDIT: Er, depending on your goal. I'm thinking about this as a problem of not enough people to populate all of the player organizations to keep them thriving and active. The two simple solutions would then be contracting the number of organizations available or increasing their population by stretching the existing playerbase via dual memberships. I realize LK's goals are somewhat more expansive.

Peace,
Bux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 am 
Mortal

nothingxs wrote:
And someone kept saying all my ideas were useless...

Not useless, just... um... ahead of their time?

Peace,
Bux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:37 am 
Mortal Contributor

The 'destroyable city' part was covered by making the NPCs represent an area as opposed to some guardian of light. Three strategic points per kingdom was covered there.

I was also hoping to SEPARATE the strategic points from the inn well enough that you KNEW what was going on and where it was but didn't have to participate if you didn't want to. Newbies should be okay because the inn and the city hall aren't close to eachother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:11 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Except for Krychire (maybe), each Kingdom has more than one city. Have one of the descruction points in one of the other cities, one in the castle, and some object that represents the kingom.

Have each time a destruction point is sacced, it costs the tribunal money. Something around 10 obsidion (number can be changed but you get the point). Then if the tribunal's coffers is empty when one of these are destroyed, then it comes out of the economy itself. Which could put it in recession. I will develop this point further once I get back. This would leave newbs alone for the most part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:03 pm 
Mortal

Ugh. I really hate that siege idea in regards to tribs/forces of war not being able to enter a city at all unless through a siege. That's horrid. What about polymorph/mimic? I mean, some of us are screaming about how we want espionage - that just eliminates it completely. I know this thread isn't about that, but since Lei Kung brought it up..I'm taking the time to say I really hate it. With passion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:13 pm 
Mortal

Goldlantern wrote:
Ugh. I really hate that siege idea in regards to tribs/forces of war not being able to enter a city at all unless through a siege. That's horrid. What about polymorph/mimic? I mean, some of us are screaming about how we want espionage - that just eliminates it completely. I know this thread isn't about that, but since Lei Kung brought it up..I'm taking the time to say I really hate it. With passion.

First, I'm not married to the idea. Second, the gates would only be closed to a tribunal at war with said country. That allows for all kinds of espionage especially if cabals have dual membership.

Lei Kung

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 68  Next