Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:04 am 
Mortal

Not really, there are plenty of things one lighti can do to go relic ganking solo, we just don't share said information with you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:13 am 
.. uh huh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:07 am 
Mortal

You can't relic gank with a lighty solo--Tpsh. The best of characters were capable of soling an outside guardian. Bypassing guards, and actually defeating the inner guardian though?
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 am 
Mortal

Lighties can make undead armies through the use of scrolls/wands/staves, or just charm many creatures though the use of scrolls of charm person. It would take far, far more effort than a necromancer would require though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:21 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Okay, and I hope that any lightie making and undead army gets cursed into deletion. Lighties should never have undead with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:18 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Muktar wrote:
Okay, and I hope that any lightie making and undead army gets cursed into deletion. Lighties should never have undead with them.

SK Help wrote:
Scrupulous characters value life, freedom, and happiness above all else, but find the traditional methods with achieving these goals to be cumbersome.
They have the best of intentions, but are sometimes ruthless and lack the
necessary caution, occasionally hurting innocents in the process. They are willing to work with anyone who will help them in their cause
, and usually make incredible leaders. They lack the discipline necessary to be effective long-term rulers, becoming frustrated by all the red tape needed to run an organized society.

Straight out of the help file.

Quote:
You can't relic gank with a lighty solo--Tpsh. The best of characters were capable of soling an outside guardian. Bypassing guards, and actually defeating the inner guardian though?

Elasachar could tank the inner guardian indefinitely until it successfully landed a headbutt.

As for D's comment about CRS being a skill with a learning curve, that's completely true. I remember when I came back from my break after Sorel and played Varin. The MC had 5 and then all 6 relics and 15-20 lightie/gray parties were reguarly raiding (and dying) against it, even with no defenders. People said it was unbalanced and that no one would ever take it out. I bided my time, got together a group of 9 of actually competent lighties, and then dropped it to awful wounds on our first try (retreated because I was playing it safe, none of us died). The second time with tragonis we killed it, killed it again, and then almost all of us (2 sorcs and me escaped) died to a ridiculous swarm of Chancel NPCs.

Anywho, my point is that people tend to have the misconception that numbers make up for quality, and that they don't need to prepare for a guardian fight as well as for a real pk. While there are far fewer random variables (i.e. "what the hell, they have the staff of demise? oops") it's still a strong test of preparation, organization and steady nerves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:35 am 
Mortal

Elasachar was tanking an outer guardian, not an inner one.

An inner guardian would just kill him with a spam gas blast and the NPCs that would pop up would also drain his concentration to sanc/SA.

You are right though, CRS is all about preparation. A good group of 6 PCs with phat enchants and fully buffed should be able to take any guardian anyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:30 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
it was prior to the guards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:05 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Adder as, I have said before, that help file needs some serious work. There is a difference being reckless and committing an evil act. Raising undead has been deemed as an evil act.

In fact, I will say that help file is the most abused help file out there. As it is written, you can do anything and that help file will justify it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:09 pm 
Mortal

As long as it is for the greater good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next