Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:47 pm 
Mortal

I don't see why I keep argueing with you. You never do see other peoples points, so I will let it up to others to leave their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:54 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
It's NOT that big of deal if you know how to do it.

I'm one of the people that doesn't know how to do it. I mastered enchant armor well before I hit GM, but despite hours of enchanting, I was so bad at it that most folks gave up asking me, tired of watching their things at best laden with MR or at worst, go poof.

I don't think MR should be taken out, nor do I think that enchanters should be able to specify what it is they place on the eq. The argument of "It's easy to get good enchants," versus "No it's not, I've spent hours/days/weeks without good results" is only emphasizing that you have to know how to do it.

Any advice on how to do it? Any possibility of getting a better IC reference in the game, or adding a bit of depth to the help file, or lending the benefit of experience here? I know I at least would be most grateful, newb that I am. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:59 pm 
Mortal

Yeah, spend hours doing it. It's either random or semi-random. So you have no real control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:13 pm 
The obvious solution to this is to make a character that everyone kills all the time who never holds on to any armor so you don't have to bother enchanting at all.

Take a tip from me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:15 pm 
Mortal

Seconded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:47 pm 
Mortal

If I ever play a warlock/sorx/necro, I am going to have a full MR suit, because thats the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:32 pm 
Mortal

I have a bumper sticker.

Bumper Sticker wrote:
I <3 MAGIC RESISTANCE WITH ALL MY NO-NO PLACE

Even though, yes, I think I'm one of the very few who has made a large-scale selection of equipment with negative magic resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:04 pm 
Mortal

Even some other classes can be good with MR suits. Simply put, how many heals are you expecting to get? If the answer is 0-1 then an MR suit might not be the worst thing in the world. How many scripted self-spell items do you have? If that answer is 0 again then an MR suits probably fantastic for you. Here is why.

Lets just say 3 of fort/ref/will on each piece of eq. So at the end we'll say you have 16 in one and 8 in another, or some other random number of [REDACTED].

Now if you had MR that'd basically end up being 24 across the board. Raise the number per piece, and the number of pieces and it just increases the difference we're talking about.

Sometimes it's more helpful to deny all spells, then it is to some kind of benefit, specifically with art around now a days. Oh, and then there is Harm.

Yeah, MR has its place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:14 pm 
Mortal

jerinx wrote:
I have a bumper sticker.

Bumper Sticker wrote:
I <3 MAGIC RESISTANCE WITH ALL MY NO-NO PLACE

Even though, yes, I think I'm one of the very few who has made a large-scale selection of equipment with negative magic resistance.

To my understanding, it is the *ONLY* EQ with negative magic resistance.

Also...

Score on Ghent wrote:
You have played 2965 hour(s) so far.

I have that on Ghent, over 2k hours on Fepel, and the 1000 or so I had on Halerion. I probably know enchanting better than nearly anyone currently playing SK. I have spent a week... 20 hours easily of psuedo afk enchanting while working to get a *SINGLE* piece of loot to make it leet. At least two greater and at times three greater enchants on a single piece. It's not impossible, just takes a lot of time, patience, and lack of sanity. Currently my suit is crap because I just don't care anymore.

Enchanting is fine, though I would like to remove FS and add in embue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:58 pm 
Mortal

Fepel Veiled wrote:
Resistance is a double edged sword. Firstly it prevents you from being hit by bad spells. That's right... harm? resisted... Magma? resisted... Finger of Death?!? resisted... Sleep, feeblemind, blinded, cursed, and all kinds of ouch/hurt/death stuffs? RESISTED!!!

Secondly, it prevents you from being hit by good spells. That's right... Healing? Resisted... Buffs such as giant strength? Resisted... The ever necessary Word of Recall vial that you need that moment before you go *POOF*... Resisted.

This is why some see it as useless. Others *LOVE* MR (Magic Resistance).

It is a buff, and will not and SHOULD NOT be removed from enchant armor.

I like how you can resist WoR vials...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next