Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:53 am 
Mortal

The tribunal war system is in my mind independent of the dual membership idea. I like dual membership as D last posted it, and personally I would start with removing the two highest level cabal skills for balance reasons then if people where not going for it I would make it just the highest level cabal skill. Then if most people where not looking at then I would go to given every cabal skill to dual members. The reason I would go this way is because going the other way people would QQ. Baby steps because we all know the knee jerk reaction when we leap in with both feet (cabal HQ changes). This should also stop a flood of new members who just want law immunity because people would need to weigh up cost vs gain.

Perhaps a tribunal war system thread should be started to keep the idea from getting mixed up with dual membership which is to address the issue of low membership in a number of tribunals due to the current size of the player base and the drawing power of cabals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:48 am 
Mortal

Even if you dropped two skills, a cabal/trib combo would work quite well. You could have a PeaceHammer that has access to NPCs for all sorts of spells, and so what if they removed IA and HoL, you would still have horsemanship and charge and a few other things. Truely have a cavalier that can lead law NPCs to defend the city.

It has promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:05 am 
Mortal

Don't remove skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:28 am 
I agree with the above comment.

Post subject: No.
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:37 am 
Mortal

There is no reason to remove anything, as long as nothing is removed from anyone. Any unbalacing factors from combining the two should be addressed at a base level and not band-aided by this change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:21 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Please don't remove cabal skills from dual members. Give tribunals a boost instead, by giving them the ability to take their guards into warring countries and Teron. I think there's been enough nerfing in SK that letting the skills remain would make sense. Why not just make the all the cabal abilities cost more for a dual member?

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:30 pm 
Mortal

Why penalize them at all? We want to encourage people to join tribunals as well. Allow dual-members without any hurting of their cabal skills. You could always add some tribunal buff to tribunal only members and not let dual-members have it. Boosting is also an alternative, not just nerfing all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:19 pm 
Mortal

The reason for "nerfing" dual membership is to leave single membership still a viable option as well as keeping independents in the PK race. Dual membership should be an option to be considered not one everyone should make a character towards. Remember leaders have to only have single leadership do you want no one to want that position? Perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong point of view perhaps dual members should not get leadership, just law immunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:24 pm 
Mortal

Still there is the solution of buffin the tribunal only option a bit without nerfing the cabal part of the dual-member option. Like I said give tribunals a few more buffs but dont let cabal members who dual-memberize have those new buffs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:33 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

I say before we give any thoughts of Dual-membership, lets see what would happen to tribs if they were allowed to bring their guards out of the Nation. I still bet that if this was just a blanket thing, then tribs would fill out real quick.

[edit] Also, the balance between power of cabals and tribs would be level and the cabals that are really heavy in members would thin out because they would makes trib chars.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68  Next