Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: No.
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:01 pm 
Mortal

Sklz711 wrote:
There is no reason to remove anything, as long as nothing is removed from anyone. Any unbalacing factors from combining the two should be addressed at a base level and not band-aided by this change.

I believe this is at the base level if you don't believe so reasoning would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:08 pm 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
Please don't remove cabal skills from dual members. Give tribunals a boost instead, by giving them the ability to take their guards into warring countries and Teron. I think there's been enough nerfing in SK that letting the skills remain would make sense. Why not just make the all the cabal abilities cost more for a dual member?

A

I'm really shocked at how many people can't or won't look beyond the "oh no it is a wimp" to see how much more they gain. Now if you give tribunals a boost rather then culling the cabals a bit, it will effectively be impossible to be competitive and independent. Not only that, but being a dual member would be such a boon that even single affiliate members would suffer tactically. I have no problem with dual members being more powerful but its about how much more then the independents and single affiliated characters.

I'll grant that just buffing tribunals enough would allow them to compete for dual member loyality when forced to choose. But just adding buff after buff will lead to the problem above.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:12 pm 
Mortal

josephusmaximus3 wrote:
Why penalize them at all? We want to encourage people to join tribunals as well. Allow dual-members without any hurting of their cabal skills. You could always add some tribunal buff to tribunal only members and not let dual-members have it. Boosting is also an alternative, not just nerfing all the time.

I don't agree with removing the two most powerful skills/spells but I still agree with removing two. After all it isn't a penalty because they are trading those two powers to gain all the powers of being a tribunal member. It is a net gain so it isn't a penalty. Again, just buffing tribunals to make them competitive for dual member loyalties causes another problem, see my response to Achernar.

Lei Kung

Last edited by Lei_Kung on Sun May 07, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:20 pm 
Mortal

josephusmaximus3 wrote:
Still there is the solution of buffin the tribunal only option a bit without nerfing the cabal part of the dual-member option. Like I said give tribunals a few more buffs but dont let cabal members who dual-memberize have those new buffs.

Look what you are saying has been answered already. Just because you keep saying it will not make it any less wrong then it was before. Fact, tribunals will need a greater tactical draw then cabals to compete for character loyalty (assuming secret cabals, dual membership, etc.). Fact, if you boost tribunals to that point without culling cabals at all, independents are at a very significant disadvantage and single affiliates are as well. So if you don't want cabals culled you need to come up with another solution. For example, every independent gets xyz powers until they join an organization, in which they get those powers and abc powers until they become dual members at which point they only have the cabal and tribunal powers. Personally I think that would be a horrible solution but it would solve the two problems listed.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:26 pm 
Mortal

silmar wrote:
The reason for "nerfing" dual membership is to leave single membership still a viable option as well as keeping independents in the PK race. Dual membership should be an option to be considered not one everyone should make a character towards. Remember leaders have to only have single leadership do you want no one to want that position? Perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong point of view perhaps dual members should not get leadership, just law immunity.

I'm just responding to the point about law immunity and not getting leadership. I find this wrong for a few reasons. First, it gives away the character as a dual member. Second, by removing powers from the tribunal side rather then the cabal side, it greatly encourages that player to be loyal to the cabal. Last, assuming tribunals are given the ability to transport soldier for war, this leaves the dual members out to a degree in a war.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:35 pm 
Mortal

buxtehude_sorethumbe wrote:
Lei_Kung wrote:
Oh come on man. That's why I said let's assume.

That's an absurd assumption, is all. Odd choice to make a point. But carry on. I only really take issue with LK's claim that merging cabals and tribs "won't work", given that it has in the past.

EDIT: Er, depending on your goal. I'm thinking about this as a problem of not enough people to populate all of the player organizations to keep them thriving and active. The two simple solutions would then be contracting the number of organizations available or increasing their population by stretching the existing playerbase via dual memberships. I realize LK's goals are somewhat more expansive.

Peace,
Bux

Yes the assumption was absurd but it was only to make the example (and the example works if one is willing to accept the assumption to understand the point). I will admit I wanted to use a dramatic example but it doesn’t mean the point is invalid. I was trying to point out that there might be a solution but you don’t back track on progress. If you didn’t like my first example here is another. Automobiles are a major reason for air pollution. If we were to revert to the house and buggy it would solve that problem but just because it can doesn’t mean we should. I really don’t see the appeal, other then golden age syndrome, to give up the progress made.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:21 pm 
If the reason to nerf dual membership is to keep single membership as a valid option, then you're all just being silly.

Following your stream of logic, we should nerf single tribunal and cabal membership to leave non-membership as a viable option.

People do it anyway. If it fits with their character, they'll only join a cabal or a tribunal. Some people won't join anything at all. This donkey is dead, so stop beating at it and crying before anything's even been implemented.

Josephus has hit the nail on the head. The idea is to encourage dual membership, not scare people away from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:51 pm 
Mortal

Lei those "facts" you are saying have no real factual existance. How can you say it will completely make independants useless? Have you tried it yet? Oh wait it has not been implemented and thus no one has.

Also let's look at MC, they already are a cabal with law immunity and have the NPC buffs available. Are they vastly superior to every other cabal character? Are they castly superior to every non-affiliate? Not really. Looks like you have your facts all wrong.

If cabals should lose anything I would agree with 1 skill maybe to even them out with the MC, but even then how do you decide who loses what skill? I can think of different classes I would play in different cabals and the skill I would choose to lose could be very different depending on the class for some of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:45 pm 
Actually, Dulrik's suggestion was to add another ability to the MC to compensate. There's no need to nerf anything at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:32 am 
Mortal

josephusmaximus3 wrote:
Lei those "facts" you are saying have no real factual existance. How can you say it will completely make independants useless? Have you tried it yet? Oh wait it has not been implemented and thus no one has.

Also let's look at MC, they already are a cabal with law immunity and have the NPC buffs available. Are they vastly superior to every other cabal character? Are they castly superior to every non-affiliate? Not really. Looks like you have your facts all wrong.

If cabals should lose anything I would agree with 1 skill maybe to even them out with the MC, but even then how do you decide who loses what skill? I can think of different classes I would play in different cabals and the skill I would choose to lose could be very different depending on the class for some of them.

First. Yes his statements are not facts but if you look around the player base at where current membership is it is a good estimation that such distribution will remain the underlying trend. That is cabal membership > tribunal membership.

Second if you look at my post the idea is to step into it gradually to work out where the most suitable point is be it two skills one skill or no skills removed from the cabal skill set, players will make the choice. The reason for doing it this way rather than give things then taking them away is to try to limit the QQ. If people dont like it they wont use it this will be a clear indication people are QQ with out all the abusive flames of I just had two cabal skill taken away from me when was this decided etc etc ...

Thirdly. If I am not mistaken MC was to be given a extra skill because the MC was to be split into cabal MC and tribunal Empire guard. The MC is not what dual membership is going to be like for the most part at least I hope not.

Jardek You have expressed your views that loss of skills. I think you would agree damage could be done to SK if dual membership was introduced poorly to the player base similar to CRS with its over night RP change. The idea is to approach the ideal position from the wimpped side rather than using the nerf bat after the has been brought in to over powered. I would rather see the idea added, in a state that is used less then built to something which is good, than see it appear all guns blazing then have everyone try to throw it out the back door like CRS or beaten to death with a nerf bat. Also remember under the current proposed idea leaders will be then at a PK disadvantage because they can not have dual membership, do we wish to hurt these people for taking a more active roll in SK by taking the mantel of leadership up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 68  Next