Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do hellions need something?
Yes they need something (give ideas and discuss below) 41%  41%  [ 16 ]
No, they are fine as is. 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
Don't care. 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:32 pm 
Mortal

While I wouldn't mind seeing hellions get parry, in my oppinion, I'd rather see them get disarm and slow. Thier skillset compliments disarm, and slow on top of that would give a hellion the option to for-go a dominate and duke it out, respectably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:57 pm 
Mortal

As far as I know you have to be in the frount row against someone to disarm them, and if so you really wouldn't see hellions using it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:34 pm 
Mortal

*shrugs* Unless folks are using reach weapons, same applies for parry. (not that this is unheard of). Also maybe with slow in disarm, they'd be able to hold thier own in the front row.

Also maybe a tactic would be to use your dominate to buy time to get all your maledictions off. If hellions had disarm, by the time it happened, he would be all set to disarm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:59 pm 
Mortal

Exhaust for the win. :devil:

And whoever did it, do not underestimate the BoG! The power of the devil is in the LOINS!

I've not met a delf with Kenji that I couldn't drop in two BoG's, frankly, I've never met a necro I couldn't. Art-paladins for the suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:03 am 
Mortal

Oh, and exhaust is a reversed refresh, a save would be allowed for half/negated. It would make hellions somewhat stop cowards from escaping them. Certainly not as effective vs. word as curse, and to interrupt fleeing would take some time. So not an overly effective way to keep someone in battle, but nonetheless a nice addition. Furtherly it would increase the contra-aspect of the paladins/hellions, as in cures/causes, refresh/exhaust. Also it would be a way to prevent those ¤#& holy words, if you get the jump on them that is. Group effecting? Singular? Thoughts?

I would prefer it to be a spell for itself, though it could be tagged as an effect on another, a pity wither is already taken ;)

Last edited by Konge on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:25 am 
Maybe a little unrelated, but perhaps hellions should receive frenzy and paladins should lose it (as well as sanctuary).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:48 am 
Mortal

I would like to see affects added to hellfire. We already will spend a decent ammount fo rounds trying to pull all maledictions off, and the paladin can heal himself while we are doing them anyways.

It is the fires from hell anyways, you would figure it would at least curse those of light heart, perhaps a chance for weaken and/or blindness. Something at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:51 am 
Mortal

Hellfire is an excellent spell allready, it needs no tinkering.

For that matter, hellions do not need a whole lot of tweaking, mainly parry. It takes on average 2 rounds for a giant barb to drop a fully decked hellion...

The slightly lowered concentration on domination would be a fine addition too.

EDIT: Oh, and exhaust for the win ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:55 am 
Mortal

Yeah parry and the lowered concentration on dominate are the two things i would like most, but BoG and hellfire are just about exactly the same I believe. If I remember Big D said something about it a while back.

Except for the nimbus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:20 pm 
I'd like to see them get fourth attack, slow, head butt, and final strike. It's obvious that hellions are the weakest of all classes right now.

Seriously, you folks are totally wrapped up in your own little imaginary worlds. Hellions are one of the most well-adjusted classes out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next