Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 07/06/2013 Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:52 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Sounds like a lot of effort in making this happen, I am curious why you didnt ask players what they thought before you invested so much time into it. The only one char in a cable makes it a little less "end of cable-less tribunals" but I still feel people will be pushed more into cables even harder by this change. You will have your cabal/tribunal char then you will have your alt ... as per normal.

The major issue is that you have to have your tribunal flag for everyone to see. Seems to hurt RP more than help if it was only leaders then I might think differently about it as that would at least be useful to people outside the "loop". If this code is to be final and not rolled back will who -keeper -talon -council etc be added to a general command not faction restricted.

Recruit on a grouped guard does nothing till you order them to leave first. Im assuming it is something that starts an alias set of commands on the NPC any chance we could add "o <target> leave" a new first line. If its too hard to change easy enough for us to just order guard leave. Would be nice if it could get add in.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

SK Character: Sargas
The difference now is that pretty much any person that works for "the law" and actually receives full law immunity and can command others is a public servant, and thus the knowledge that they are a public servant is, of course, public record.

If you're spying for someone, or working for someone "on the outside", you are welcome to not join a tribunal officially and still "work" for them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:16 am 
Implementor

Cordance wrote:
Recruit on a grouped guard does nothing till you order them to leave first. Im assuming it is something that starts an alias set of commands on the NPC any chance we could add "o <target> leave" a new first line. If its too hard to change easy enough for us to just order guard leave. Would be nice if it could get add in.

This is do-able.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 am 
Mortal

Cordance wrote:
Sounds like a lot of effort in making this happen, I am curious why you didnt ask players what they thought before you invested so much time into it.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13421&hilit=dual+membership

There was at least one other thread, but this should give an idea that players were asked what they thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am 
Mortal

Cordance wrote:
Sounds like a lot of effort in making this happen, I am curious why you didnt ask players what they thought before you invested so much time into it.

What Travorn said: there are many of us who requested this for years upon years. It is a necessary change - the idea entirely should be urging players into combining memberships because the playerbase is simply not large enough (and arguably never has been) to support the amount of player organizations. I love that it finally went into place and I love the lifting of tribunal membership limitations. You can argue that there will be no more cabal-less characters, and I'd argue that this isn't a bad thing. It's very possible to have cabal-less chars if you really want one - but there isn't enough meat to go around. As always, those who are stuck on an idea will RP it in spite of whatever perceived obstacles there are - and the rest will embrace this change with gratefulness.

However, the publicity of a tribunal membership is a Bad Idea™.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:27 am 
Mortal

jerinx wrote:

No more speculation about which faction is FoTM - type who and you can join the bandwagon, too! Log on main character (the one that has both a cabal and tribunal), type who and notice that 50% or more of the who list is part of a tribunal that is at war with one of your factions, log off and play character that is part of FoTM bandwagon tribunal.

Or create a new character to join FoTM tribunal, since there will be more to do and more people to do it with.

Of course, that is never going to happen...right? lol

Quote:
Dual Faction: Players with multiple characters may have every character join a tribunal.

I know the staff will try to police this, but if they catch 50% of the cheating I would be surprised. For argument's sake, I will assume they catch 100% of the information sharing.

It is still going to create situations where a player has to choose between logging on their character that is part of a cabal and a tribunal and an alt character that is only in a tribunal. Which one do they log on when the factions between these characters are at war? As a current (and former) cabal leader, I do not like the idea that members of my cabal have alt characters that are part of a tribunal that is war with our faction.

Rest of the update seem solid - these two seem really problematic. Eliminating tribunal status from the who list will only exacerbate the problem with players with multiple characters being able to join a tribunal with every character. Whatever the result, I would still prefer not to see tribunal status on the who list.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I have to agree with Finney's evaluation. An awesome change nevertheless. Thank you Dulrik.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 am 
Mortal

I think the fact that you can join multiple tribunals is stupid. I recently ate a three level curse for getting a character removed when a member of the staff mistakenly had their head up their [REDACTED] and told me that using taunt is bug abuse, and then had that character removed from a tribunal and went back to playing my elf mercenary. I then killed the leader of the Midnight Council. Somehow this was very upsetting to another member of the staff.

Now this sort of behavior is essentially sanctioned, only you don't have to get characters removed from tribunals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 am 
Implementor

Travorn wrote:
Cordance wrote:

http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13421&hilit=dual+membership

There was at least one other thread, but this should give an idea that players were asked what they thought.

Hah.. that thread is from 7 years ago. But then again, thats how long it took for a feature of this magnitude to go from concept to completion. I didn't realize that thread still existed, but yeah... 68 pages of discussion is quite a lot of proof that players were asked what they thought. I will probably go back through it to see if there are more ideas to be mined for future tweaks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:20 am 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
jerinx wrote:

No more speculation about which faction is FoTM - type who and you can join the bandwagon, too! Log on main character (the one that has both a cabal and tribunal), type who and notice that 50% or more of the who list is part of a tribunal that is at war with one of your factions, log off and play character that is part of FoTM bandwagon tribunal.

Or create a new character to join FoTM tribunal, since there will be more to do and more people to do it with.

Of course, that is never going to happen...right? lol

Quote:
Dual Faction: Players with multiple characters may have every character join a tribunal.

I know the staff will try to police this, but if they catch 50% of the cheating I would be surprised. For argument's sake, I will assume they catch 100% of the information sharing.

It is still going to create situations where a player has to choose between logging on their character that is part of a cabal and a tribunal and an alt character that is only in a tribunal. Which one do they log on when the factions between these characters are at war? As a current (and former) cabal leader, I do not like the idea that members of my cabal have alt characters that are part of a tribunal that is war with our faction.

Rest of the update seem solid - these two seem really problematic. Eliminating tribunal status from the who list will only exacerbate the problem with players with multiple characters being able to join a tribunal with every character. Whatever the result, I would still prefer not to see tribunal status on the who list.

This is a true story. All of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next