Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:37 am 
Mortal

This thread is about dual membership in a cabal and tribunal, not about how much text you can hold with a single character AKA hoarding. Fepel's point of view isn't even valid and he's talking about something he doesn't know. If there is a thread about the virtues of hoarding then we can listen to him...maybe.

My two cents: I started a thread about 2 years ago over why people joined cabals. The response I got pretty much pointed that they only look at cabal powers when considering, which means they already have the cabal picked out that they're going to join before they make a character. That's because they want to increase the strength of the weaknesses of their class.

I also looked at logs from the summertime of 1 and 2 years back, and the numbers show 40-60 players on during those times. I'm going to let people in on a little secret though. Each cabal/tribunal can have upwards of 20 members because not everybody plays at the same time of the day. The problem stems from leaders who just can't say no to inducting people and won't work to improve the quality of those players in their cabal. IE, they are lame, in every sense of the word.

Merging cabals and tribunals isn't a fix in any way. Or even allowing dual membership. I'll admire the players that don't join a cabal or tribunal and simply let the RP of their class go along. At this point in time though, I don't feel that there's anything wrong with the leaders of cabals and tribunals. The problem lies with players that don't roleplay their characters, but rather join for the buff to their characters.

I'm against allowing dual membership because that's exactly what you're going to see the moment it's implemented. Power hungry players are going to jump on the bandwagon.

P.S. My admiration doesn't extend to Fepel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:46 am 
Mortal

Ardith, why the fsck are you so Fepel bashy? Because I nabbed some of Mel's stuff after she got poofed, the same curtesy she extended to me after I got delewted? Grow up.

Don't know about something I know? I know that the MC is a "Tribabal", as I was sort of the leader of it for six months, and that allowing duel membership will have a grey area where the MC is considered, since you would have possibly 2 sets of cabal powers and law immunity in the East, the ultimate in power gaming if teamed up with certain other cabals. Or if you call it a cabal, then you could have law immunity in 2 areas. A bit broken if you ask me.

If you don't allow duel membership then it's fine as is, but if you were to break it out, splitting it into the Trib for the East and then the MC would be a possible fix.

So please, keep your flames to GD. And I love you too, give me your address and I'll send you some freshly baked cookies. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 am 
<RULES VIOLATION REMOVED>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:35 am 
Mortal

<RULES VIOLATION REMOVED>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:32 am 
Bumpity bump bump.

Any news on this? Yay or nay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:01 am 
Mortal Contributor

I think this was supposed to be specifically created just to open dialog on the matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:11 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I still think this idea would be good. It just needs checks and balances to make sure dual members don't have too much adavantage over non-members. Maybe initiate trade skills for independents.

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:49 am 
Mortal

To me I do not mind the idea of dual wielding a cabal and tribunal. I like that it will add more complexity to situations. I want there to be problems of course trying to achieve the goals of dual wielding a cabal and tribunal if they do not see eye to eye, but some cases it may not be so bad. Many Cabals and tribunals work hand in hand already and I do not see where there should be a problem there. If something does occur, between the cabal and tribunal it should be handled ICly to add more flavor to the game. Often times I find the current in game politics and squabbles are to vanilla (plain). I do think the added complexity would be good. If you are not up to the effort necessary to serve your country and the ideals that your character stands behind, pick one and stick with it. If you just wanted to be another Elitest player, then you better be ready for RP, because leaders of all the IC groups are very headstrong and tend to dislike when their own views are opposed. *shrug* Who cares? Either take a side, refuse to take a side, or even be a mediator.

But of course my OOC oppinion generally matters much less than my IC one so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:27 am 
Mortal

The best check an balance would be to limit the number of people allowed in a cabal again. That way they are elitist again and their RP is more guarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:24 am 
Implementor

I haven't started any work on this. I can't currently say when or if I will.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 68  Next