Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official 2013 Taunt Suggestion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:44 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
I disagree with you here, Styles. I don't think swashies should be able to use a two-handed weapon in one hand with a one-handed weapon in the other. We're not talking about light sabers: We're talking about actual weapons with actual weight beyond a handle. It'd be enough, in my mind, just to make swashes as bad [REDACTED] with a two-handed weapon as they are with two one-handed ones.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:47 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Meissa wrote:
It'd be enough, in my mind, just to make swashes as bad rear with a two-handed weapon as they are with two one-handed ones.

So...not at all then?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:55 am 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
I kinda like the idea of making a staff affected by dual wield. if it would work

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:56 am 
Immortal

If you could get the same number of attacks, parries and ripostes with one two-hander as you could with two one-handers because you were "dual wielding" it while maintaining the damage bonuses inherent in the subtypes, that'd be pretty sick.

I don't think that the mechanics of dual wield are the issue/overwhelming weakness with swashies, and I wasn't really aware that anyone else thought it was, either, until just now.

I learn something new every day! Thanks, OA!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:04 pm 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
I disagree with you here, Styles. I don't think swashies should be able to use a two-handed weapon in one hand with a one-handed weapon in the other. We're not talking about light sabers: We're talking about actual weapons with actual weight beyond a handle. It'd be enough, in my mind, just to make swashes as bad rear with a two-handed weapon as they are with two one-handed ones.

If you are looking for satisfied customers you are either going to need to allow dual-wielding a sword + double-headed ajatang or dual-greatsword ninja griffons that also get a beak attack and a deafening eagle screech.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:13 pm 
Mortal

Please note: IIRC you'd only need to buff jo staff up by one notch in speed for swashies to get 4 attacks if they "dual-wielded" one (I might be wrong). That seems like it would be fairly reasonable too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
Meissa wrote:
If you could get the same number of attacks, parries and ripostes with one two-hander as you could with two one-handers because you were "dual wielding" it while maintaining the damage bonuses inherent in the subtypes, that'd be pretty sick.

I don't think that the mechanics of dual wield are the issue/overwhelming weakness with swashies, and I wasn't really aware that anyone else thought it was, either, until just now.

I learn something new every day! Thanks, OA!

Well I was talking to frenchie about it. A staff is ment to use both hands to be effective. In this game it really only uses it like a greatsword, you only use one side. But a swashbuckler should have the finesse/dualwield skills to combo together to make full use of the staff on both ends.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 pm 
Mortal

... lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 pm 
Immortal

I don't disagree. The two-handed staff should be twice as effective in the hands of a dual-wielding/finesse-capable swashbuckler! :)

Or a new subclass of staves that literally has two sides that fire off separately. A non-swash could use them but would only be as effective as he is with any other two-handed staff.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:30 pm 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
I don't disagree. The two-handed staff should be twice as effective in the hands of a dual-wielding/finesse-capable swashbuckler! :)

Or a new subclass of staves that literally has two sides that fire off separately. A non-swash could use them but would only be as effective as he is with any other two-handed staff.

Whoa there Sparky, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Dulrik, does dual wield applying to certain two-handed weapons sound like a change that would both be reasonable to code and add something desirable to the swashbuckler class?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next