Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: idea from rp announcement.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Would it be possible to add a new "wisinvis" description field for rp. This would hopefully help to limit any causes for rp that seems counter to alignment but actually has a goal related to it, aka spying.
It could also help imms with ideas for global rp as there would be a ready list of peoples goals for them to snoop. Also let them see if someone is working towards them. It possibly could be used to players pathways to goals as well but Im not sure about that.
Finally would help remind forgetful players of their rp intentions with alts.

MPP (mobile phone post).

Post subject: Re: idea from rp announcement.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:50 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
I prefer this idea to the rather suspect chance that some biased/cheating/ignorant staff member will stumble across the correct interpretation of a character's direction/over-arching goals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:26 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

SK Character: Alshain
It is called communication. We are available via PM and Email. And if you are part of a special group or religion, there are forums with which you can communicate as well. But if you prefer secretive measures, there are specific IMM's with which you can communicate and that IMM can communicate your intentions to the rest of the staff.

However, if you find the current staff too untrustworthy, and are unable to work out your differences, there is a link at the top of this website that takes you to a website with the top 20 muds from which you can pick a place that might be a better fit for you.

For the rest of you that enjoy your time playing, the current staff is working hard and tirelessly to offer you the best gaming experience possible and our email box is always open to listening to you. Thank you for playing.

Last edited by Alshain (2014) on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
This Alshain sure brings the snark. You know it's bad when an IMM throws down the "go play another game" card, especially on an ill-informed but mostly innocuous post like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 pm 
Mortal

Yea. I was going to put out a constructive post about development in RP the past couple of years and how we could turn sails again. However, that remark from Alshain really did it. I have yet to experience anything positive from this imm. Both in game (cheating a la frewball or what was is name?) and here on the forum.

Fix the imms before you point fingers at players.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 pm 
Mortal

The idea was that we could add information there and also Imms could add information there to help with communication with out breaking immersion. Could save some Hell conversations but probably not those are normally case by case instances not long going RP from what Ive seen.
This would help with cross Imm information say for example Id run a RP past an Imm, It gets put into the file and checked with an approved maybe Imm only so players couldnt edit that section. Then other Imms and check in and be oh thats what is going on with that player thats why he is doing something that is strange.

It also gives players who dislike the forums or dont know of the forums a way to throw in their RP information in a non disturbing manor.

Most importantly it would let Imms give people a tap on the shoulder before their RP gets to curseable levels. AKA when someone makes a deep elf swashbuckler and writes a RP story of Im trying to be noble and good in the hope to change my alignment to scrupulous. Oh did I mention their name was tizirD. A warning early is better than a curse later.

I totally agree with you those Alshain communication is the key to any good RP situation. The idea is to promote such communication and help assist in it not replace the announcement recently made. Its mostly to help in the grey areas where for example a Delf might help someone of noble nature in the attempt to corrupt rather than help so long as they have thought about their end game it doesnt make helping someone an act of kindness. That example might become a running challenge where in someone is going to get cursed. Someone entering an organisation they might not be "suited" for with justifications and reasoning behind them doing so perhaps they felt pushed because of another factions actions aka a gray aura getting attacked by the hammer joining the legion. These are the kind of things you dont need Imm conversations over but one Imm might know and another might not it could be punishable breaching...

The idea is I believe a significant code change but might be worth it.

PS: Seriously this is game play not general discussion try to keep your accusations somewhere else.

Last edited by Cordance on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Whatever, I don't know who new Alshain is, but give the guy or girl some slack. It is a thankless job, and anyone who goes out of their way like OA likes to do and grief imms not only wastes their time, but turn them into grumpy souls. We just got Dalamar back, and last I remember, he got pretty burned out by dorks.

So if he makes a snark post, so be it. I am glad the RP rules have been made a little more strict. I hate the elf delf friendly rps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 pm 
Implementor

Given the provocation, I believe Alshain was being incredibly upbeat and polite in this message.

Alshain in particular has born the brunt of a lot of whining and crying from players for attempting to police the game (which is something that just a few days ago on another thread players were begging for the imms to do). And here is OA, being his usual self, selling the staff short as either:

a) biased
b) cheating
c) ignorant

Some people are going to cry "conspiracy!" no matter what's actually going on and their uninformed rants just bring down the morale of both the players AND the staff. I truly would prefer those types of players move on to another game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
Whatever, I don't know who new Alshain is, but give the guy or girl some slack. It is a thankless job, and anyone who goes out of their way like OA likes to do and grief imms not only wastes their time, but turn them into grumpy souls. We just got Dalamar back, and last I remember, he got pretty burned out by dorks.

So if he makes a snark post, so be it. I am glad the RP rules have been made a little more strict. I hate the elf delf friendly rps.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:35 pm 
Mortal

So D any thoughts on the actual idea rather than on OA disrespectful behavior

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next