Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:06 pm 
Actually DA, the 'twinking' you've just mentioned might in fact be one of the best parts of the system - spies from a cabal infiltrating an opposing tribunal and spreading misinformation would be fantastic. Or perhaps a druid joining the CoN (to use your example) to change the CoN's views toward the adepts or the wildlife or the environment. The possibilities are limitless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:11 pm 
Mortal

If a druid joins CoN, because of his oaths he will have to kill most of the law NPCs of the city 24/7 as unnatural/abominations.

If you consider his oaths as he joins CoN, he will have to protect his city from attackers(even himself?).

One of the oaths will be broken anytime, and considering gods actually exist in SK he should be cursed big time(from one god or another).

It will be an "Allikat project"© leading to certain destruction of the character. Or it will be used by twinks.

EDIT: Unless you consider rebuilding each city with each of these characters to remove undead from CoN for example, and then giving them undead NPCs when an Adept gets in CoN. Too much work for builders.

Last edited by Dark-Avenger on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:13 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

If you are a spy, the rules are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm 
Mortal

I find spy RP awesome and one of the reasons is because it is so hard to achieve in an excellent way, despite the difficulties. Now, if you allow ppl to be joining whatever cabal/tribunal combo... guess what: They are all going to be "spies" OMG!
Besides, a Cabal by its definition is an elitistic organization that would be very careful about who it decides to accept in it. Knowing that half of the new seekers will be potential "spies", it will make things a lot harder for all of them. And there will never be a real cabal leader again, because -guess what- if he does not do something a player wants, that player will sell their [REDACTED] out beacause... OMG he was a spy all the time, it's just now that it revealed (and not because this was indeed happening, but because the player decided right then).
I do like the idea of merging back tribunals with cabals. Since the playerbase is not large enough to fully support all organizations, and as a result there are periods in which mass inductions happen to one cabal or two, and others stagnate for so long, perhaps this is an idea that would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm 
Mortal

Muktar wrote:

You take an oath to the gods/spirits as you join any cabal/tribunal.

Is it this easy to break this oath? I am sure the gods/spirits will be damn angry about you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 pm 
DA, you're taking a very close-minded approach to the matter. There are any number of ways you can RP moving around various oaths that you may or may not have taken upon induction (and having been a member of most cabals, I can safely say that swearing to gods and spirits has been done in the minority of cases).

Not to mention the fact that any oaths you take are, at the end of the day, creations of players. Such things can change with changing leaders and opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:20 pm 
Mortal

The oathbreaker flag was implemented to prevent this cabal hopping/spy RP/whateveryouwanttocallit. Unless immortals are willing to curse players back to level 1 or delete them for breaking their oaths, this will not work imo. Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:25 pm 
I was never a fan of the oathbreaker flag in the first place. I assume that it will still exist, so you can't leave a cabal and join another cabal, and ditto for tribunals.

I think your opinion isn't likely to be shared by many people, DA, and I don't think that the immortals need to be willing to curse people to level 1 or delete them in order for them to join different cabal/tribunal combinations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:33 pm 
Mortal

Jardek wrote:
Actually DA, the 'twinking' you've just mentioned might in fact be one of the best parts of the system - spies from a cabal infiltrating an opposing tribunal and spreading misinformation would be fantastic. Or perhaps a druid joining the CoN (to use your example) to change the CoN's views toward the adepts or the wildlife or the environment. The possibilities are limitless.

I find myself completely in agreement.

The idea of cheating people out of something that might facilitate interesting RP because of the existence of twinks and lamers doesn't seem like the right approach at all.
Seeing as how there's no magic code update capable of changing the attitude of anyone who's here to powergame exclusively, and who sees decent roleplaying as a nuisance, it becomes somewhat questionable whether we even need take those people into consideration when making changes for the benefit of everyone else.

We could end every discussion on these forums with "but certain people will find a way to abuse it" in the first ten seconds. But I would prefer we didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:41 pm 
Dark-Avenger wrote:
Muktar wrote:

You take an oath to the gods/spirits as you join any cabal/tribunal.

Is it this easy to break this oath? I am sure the gods/spirits will be damn angry about you.

I can say that making oaths to gods when joining a cabal is utterly lame. It was something I really grew to hate when I was a leader of the Adepts (and fought against). A cabal has it's own interests, not those of a god.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68  Next