Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:14 pm 
Mortal

Goldlantern wrote:
True enough. But something's gotta give. One could also say that at the time of (dual investment) the occasion, a presiding imm would strip one cabal power from the character. Character's choice maybe, but it has to happen or he won't get the invest.

I addressed the issue of overpowering in my long post by removing two powers from every cabal and maybe redistributing them. Your suggestion gives me an idea or more so an adjustment to your suggestion. If redistributing the powers is unwanted maybe upon induction to the second player organization a certain power or powers are automatically stripped from the cabal set. It would have to be the cabal set since that is the secret society organization. I also say that for this to work all powers used by a cabal must be totally hidden from non-members when used. You present an interesting concept about stripping upon induction btw.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:18 pm 
Mortal

There's certain cabal powers that are not hidden that I wouldn't want stripped just because they are one of the better buffs of being in that cabal. Perhaps let it be players choice because different race/class combos would not use certain things. Low int barbarians in hammer would get rid a certain high level spell id think while griffons would get rid of something else entirely. If you know the cabal, you know which ones im talking about. It wouldnt be fair to strip the same thing from both, and would definately make some races/classes more overpowered than already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:21 pm 
Mortal

Personally I would rather see a merge for now till numbers rise.

dont think druid/guardian RP fits? the guardians were failing at protecting their lands, and the druids decided to step up and protect the land for them. It is the most "natural" of the kingdoms.

Hammer could easily take Military rule over Exile till the peacekeepers were better able to do their job.

CoN is made up of the most powerful of the clans and tribes, well adepts can just take over, they are Rp wise evil, powerful blood occultists. I dont see why they could not temporarilly take over.

Fists decided to protect Nerina till a force of suitable young ones could be found to be instituted into the Talons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:29 pm 
Mortal

And the Adepts have done a similar thing in the past for Nerina, albeit for a totally different reason, Joe - that was part of an earlier point that commonly conceived rp concepts were too naroow-minded.

EDIT: Letting it be character's choice would add to some individuality in classes combo, too. Which is something else we've been clamoring over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 pm 
Mortal

I'll grant a person could argue or manufacture the how and why so that tribunals and cabals could be merged. But to me that is at best a short term solution; are we to just merge and split them as the playerbase deems worthy (by numbers not voting or whatever)? By allowing dual membership a fluctuating player base really isn't an issue. More importantly by merging them, the options for players are significantly reduced. On the other hand by allowing dual membership a player's options are greatly increased. Also, dual membership would allow for a much greater range of RP and political intrigue. Ultimately, I see only one benefit of merging (decrease derelict player organizations) with other problems that comes with it. Whereas, dual membership also solves that problem while adding many other benefits, if implemented properly.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:37 pm 
Mortal

I couldn't put it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:38 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Lei Kung, you wrote a well written arguement for what seems to be the theme currently. You also addressed an issue that would be a problem and here is a possible solution.

Everyone, should have access to a standard set of powers (what they are and what they do I don't have an idea yet). These standard powers that all chars have access to can only ever be used if and only if you are not a member of a cabal/tribunal. In general, these would be skills/spells/etc. that would be adventurer orientated. So, if you become a member of the Guardians, you get all of the Guardian powers but since you are not a true adventurer anymore, you cannot use the powers that all chars can get. This would level the playing field completely (along with Lei Kung's suggestions) and make it so that the whole focus of the majority of chars is to join any org.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:40 pm 
Mortal

What, like the bandage thing that's on a few muds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:45 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

I don't have an idea yet. If you give me some time, I could come up with a possible powers set. Yes, bandage could be one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:05 pm 
Mortal

Lei_Kung wrote:
The simple solution is to make any powers a cabal has concealed from non-members when used.

I proposed that years and years ago for certain Druid powers. Big fan of that idea, if implemented properly to prevent abuse.

Peace,
Bux

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 68  Next