Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: New question
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 am 
Mortal

Sklz711 wrote:
Simply for discussion, if Tribunal/Cabals were merged once again making them essentially one and the same again, should leadership allow the member to take their leadership NPC out of country with them?

No. Not unless some system of war was developed, where you could take troops with you (at a horrific fee) on campaigns. The economic slap for starting such campaigns outside national borders should be cruel though. War ain't cheap, nor should it be.

Last edited by Alea on Mon May 01, 2006 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:05 am 
I'm sure you'd agree though, Alea, that there's a difference between a war and a single bodyguard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:52 am 
Mortal

Definitely. However, this is also one of those contexts where IC realities clash with OOC ones. The largest player party you can put in formation is 9. 9 players vs. 9 is considered a huge battle, due to the size of the SK pbase. For that reason, a mentor-master NPC could probably in PK contexts be considered as "many" as a legion (Roman terms) if in a large group, and as little as a single individual. A Sargas group of 5 causing terror in Nerina I would refer to ICly as an army, even though it realistically likely is more like a couple of bored friends causing havoc.

Size is oddly relative on SK, geographically and numerical. It will have to be to function as a world, to give for example invasion attempts meaning on a national scale.

I could get behind tribunals being allowed to take enforcers to other nations (in fact, I think it a brilliant idea), but only if it was something a tribunalist wouldn't do without a really good reason. Economic penalties would prevent enforcer NPCs from becoming just another 24-7 "pet".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:02 am 
Mortal

Cost by the *day* out. Think of it as a workers salary. Sure a party of 4 can become one of 8 easily, but for each person each day out tax the coffer a few platinum. That will eat up accounts very quickly.

But you could also do quick things such as with the MC, get 3 guys, 3 pets, and 3 NPC hellions with reachers, c gate NPC, walk to judge, order all cleave judge, get key, free captive buddies.

It has merit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:46 pm 
I think that both of your arguments are silly and unworthy of rebuttal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:53 pm 
Mortal

Just on the topic of tribunal members being able to have leadership affected NPCs outside of their home nation, I say yes with restriction. Namely, these NPCs can't travel outside of the tribunal's home nation unless it is to a country that they are at war with. This shouldn't be a way to give tribunal members an excellent pet all the time. Rather a way for the tribunal to wage war and use soldiers effectively. Without that restriction, it becomes too powerful and does nothing to encourage war or use of the diplomacy system.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:56 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

So, what would happen if you are a Peacekeeper and wanted to head to the Empire because you (at the time) are at war with them? Unless, you are a class with instant transport, waiting at the stones would be forever. Yes, I know you can ask someone, but damn you shouldn't have to rely on them to get it done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:11 pm 
Mortal

Muktar wrote:
So, what would happen if you are a Peacekeeper and wanted to head to the Empire because you (at the time) are at war with them? Unless, you are a class with instant transport, waiting at the stones would be forever. Yes, I know you can ask someone, but damn you shouldn't have to rely on them to get it done.

There are a number of choices. First, you could have someone open a gate for you. Second, you could have someone open a rift for you. Third, you could go to there and have someone summon it to you. Fourth, you could sit at the stones and wait for the portal. Now there seems to be many of ways of doing it. More importantly, you can do it on your own, even if you have to wait (sorry no sympathy for not getting everything you want as soon as you want it).

This question has made me debate about Uxmal though. Since it has no government to speak of, you can't really go to war with it. Therefore, under my suggestion tribunal NPCs would never be allowed in. Now I don't know if I support the concept of Uxmal being considered a de-militarized zone for the use of tribunal NPCs or if the NPCs get a free pass through there.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:29 pm 
Mortal

Lei_Kung wrote:
Just on the topic of tribunal members being able to have leadership affected NPCs outside of their home nation, I say yes with restriction. Namely, these NPCs can't travel outside of the tribunal's home nation unless it is to a country that they are at war with. This shouldn't be a way to give tribunal members an excellent pet all the time. Rather a way for the tribunal to wage war and use soldiers effectively. Without that restriction, it becomes too powerful and does nothing to encourage war or use of the diplomacy system.

Lei Kung
I'd vote no for this, since any member of the Alliance could take a Sith paladin and just rape Krychire's NPCs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:12 am 
Mortal

Lei_Kung wrote:
This question has made me debate about Uxmal though. Since it has no government to speak of, you can't really go to war with it. Therefore, under my suggestion tribunal NPCs would never be allowed in. Now I don't know if I support the concept of Uxmal being considered a de-militarized zone for the use of tribunal NPCs or if the NPCs get a free pass through there.

Lei Kung

I can't think of much reason they shoudn't be allowed to bring their NPCs into Uxmal, if for no other reason than as body guards. It also allows for the war clause to work for every other Kingdom.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 68  Next