Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:19 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Don't we have things like aura detection spells to make sure major conflict of interest doesn't occur?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:05 pm 
Mortal

Take the example of CoN then. It has 3 Adepts, 3 Harlies, 3 Druids(all grey-darkies so detect aura can't help).

Again, Druids and Harlies are allies. This also gives 6 people ruining a city from withing, with only 3 around to defend it.

Not to mention that Druids RP-wise kinda want to change Krychire. No undead and stuff. So if they take over and enforce things, the builder will have to change a whole kingdom? Only to change it back if Adepts and others retake the city?

And as Cannibal said, there is always the problem with the mass OOC character creation that will empower certain factions only to leave them weak as they delete. And now it won't be only one cabal for example, but one tribunal as well.

It was said in the first pages, some things should stay static in SK in order to work better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:10 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
My problem with the current alliances is that some of them have remained unchanged since the start of the diplomacy system. This is despite the fact that leadership has turned over many times and probably no one who negotiated the actual alliances is still in either group. You can say that it makes sense for certain groups to be allied, but I want people to actually have to interact to keep that alive.

Well, I can only talk about the tribunal I lead in the game, and I can sure say that the RP does indeed happen, especially lately since there have been shifts of power to both my trib and my allies. So, I actually see it happen already in two tribunals. And my guess would be that it (the RP) does happen between other tribunals/cabals as well. My belief is that this implementation shall not cause "more RP" between the allies, but on the contrary, it will force people to call their actual alliances as truces in an official level. Of course it is your call in the end. Just giving you some feedback and opinion before you implement this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:28 pm 
TheCannibal wrote:
What I do like is having it so that any cabal can join their normal tribunal as I've stated in a previous post (ie, talons with fist, hammer with keeprs ect ect. ... I would also support harlequins being able to infiltrate any cabal since uxmal has no tribunal and that would be excellent harlie rp.

I like the idea of making cabal powers secret, but cost extra.

... perhaps everytime you left the border with a law NPC it cost a certain amount of gold based on level of that NPC for "away pay" or some other thing.

Do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:40 am 
Mortal

Auto anonymous a great idea Im behind even if it doesnt work for all cabals equally some cabals need this more than others.

The reason I am seeing for the oath breaker flag being cabal only is that tribunal membership is more dynamic so that the tribunal leader can be harsher on their guards. If you try to work against a tribunal because of your cabal you get kicked out. The idea of leaders being single faction only is to try to limit the cabal tribunal buddy system thus making it harder for a cabal to "take over" a tribunal. The issue of a tribunal becoming a puppet of a cabal is limited also by the pardons given by the tribunal leader. If you feel your tribunal is being pushed around a lack of pardons would hopefully change the cabals strength with in your kingdom.

I would like to see diplomacy having a few extra levels some costing money. Two forms of war aggressive and defensive. Aggressive war enables a law NPC to enter the foes kingdom. If a kingdom declares war on your faction the mode is set to defensive or if your kingdom goes broke it is set to defensive. This lets members of your faction know the conditions of actual diplomacy with out "fake" truces with faction members raiding anyway. As well Alliance passive and active. Active alliance costs funds and enables law NPCs to move with in the land. Passive alliance lets your faction know that going to help them is expected but not enforced. Also truce peace and truce cease-fire, to enable the factions diplomacy to be more fitting to what the faction is trying to have its members trying to achieve.

It is hard to see what effect taking two cabal skills from a tribunal cabal members would do. The only issue I see is that it is not equal for all cabals. Which may or may not be a good thing. I think it should be considered for a starting point (hide the skills not remove them so that people can leave the tribunal and return to how they where before). If it is shown to be limiting to many people from taking on the experience it could be removed after a few months. Doing it the other way around will cause a whole bunch of QQing. A simple RP explanation is you can not draw your power as effectively from the relic unless you are totally devoted to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 am 
Mortal Contributor

So what about the gray aura who is CoN who secretly meets with the leader of CoN to join the Druids or Harlequins to spy on them -- and approaches THAT cabal and then discovers who is in what side and gets them all kicked out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:37 am 
Mortal

If you were a Druid leader would you let a known CoN member and possible spy to join your ranks and learn who is in your cabal? I think not.

And you didn't comment the revamping of whole kingdoms if this happens. As far as I know, the builders don't have much free time to make minor changes, imagine what will happen if the whole kingdom needs to be revamped every 3-4 months(and the 3-4 months is an optimistic approach, the change can happen in 1 month as well if the leaders get inactive/overthrown/etc).

And to get an idea of what we are talking about, the new area in NW opened a few months ago, isn't the official new capitol yet and people were building it for over 2 RL years(immortals and players).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:01 am 
My comment is regarding the loss of cabal powers to enter a tribunal.

Don't do it. It won't work the way you want it to, but it will transpire the way you fear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:15 am 
Mortal

I like how everyone is just talking about how they are going to abuse the system in certain ways, or ways they CAN abuse the system, when really, all that needs to be done is minor changes an melt tribunals and cabals back together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:36 am 
Teh_Peso wrote:
I like how everyone is just talking about how they are going to abuse the system in certain ways, or ways they CAN abuse the system, when really, all that needs to be done is minor changes an melt tribunals and cabals back together.

That would be doing the smart thing, and how often does that happen here?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 68  Next