Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:12 pm 
I don't really like it when you agree with me either, Fluffball, but you shouldn't be trolling on gameplay and the newbie forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:08 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I agree. Let the change be about fun, not wimping.

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:46 pm 
Mortal

The Mighty Fluffball wrote:
I hate it when I agree with you, Jardek.

In answer to the 'LETZBRINGLOTSALEETMOBSANDKILLEVERYFKINGTHING' approach...
Why not make war-mobs, not quite as common as the regular trib NPCs, but able to leave the country. Sound better?

Why don't we bring actual skill to the table instead of law NPCs to make everybody feel special?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:13 pm 
Mortal Contributor

In theory, being on the defending team and having 5 players + 5 NPCs against an attacking team of 5 players generally means the defending team has a gargantuan advantage.

This almost never occurs, obviously -- all ganking as of late is ninja and/or summon ganking, usually when there's noone around to help online, because that's when people are the weakest. While in a sense it's completely and totally strategically sound to do this, it's also kind of ... I don't know. Anticlimatic.

Summon ganking in and of itself is a pretty smart idea nowadays because it's literally separating one person from a group in the same area -- it's still a bit dangerous, but what it does is that it lets you single out one party member and pick the party apart systematically. It's a bit cheap, but then again, if the cheap things are what wins the fight, then the cheap things are going to be used. Playing to win and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:24 pm 
Mortal

Any well played tribunal member is nearly unkillable in his kingdom if well prepared. We are talking about free master+ level(usually, not always) buffs now that scripted items got wimped, a master+ level tank(added with pet means third row), ability to order NPCs to walk in the outlawed attackers.

Gilgon is 100% correct when he says a tribunal member is not really lacking ability compared to a cabal one. And even if I'd love to see my char able to take law NPCs in any kingdom, that would be overpowered and I don't want this to happen. Free buffs anywhere 24/7 or disposable sick tank. Certainly above any ability any cabal has IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 pm 
Mortal

Your view is abit askew D-A...

Code:
Golg runs up.
A ghostfire warhorse floats up.
A council necromancer limps up.
A wight walks up.
A wight walks up.
A wight walks up.
A wight walks up.
A wight walks up.
A wight walks up.
You hear foot steps nearby.

You get far more than one pet because of your tribunal. I'm jealous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:50 pm 
Mortal

A necro jealous of wights? Wow! I am jealous of your skill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:51 pm 
Mortal

I don't get champ level sanc, bless, cleave from NPCs, o paladin c 'holy word' and then walk in the enemies, swashies with cheat NPC taunt(100% success anyone?), hulking men from Everclear or elementals from Anduras. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:34 am 
Mortal

Dark-Avenger wrote:
I don't get champ level sanc, bless, cleave from NPCs, o paladin c 'holy word' and then walk in the enemies, swashies with cheat NPC taunt(100% success anyone?), hulking men from Everclear or elementals from Anduras. :wink:

For all your talking about wimping I have to say that you're quite the hypocrite in the context of your own tribunal.

And what I just quoted you yourself saying is IC information.

Don't make me post what all you get and take away your fun.

Last edited by Ruud on Fri May 12, 2006 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 am 
Mortal

:o

Post, if CoN is so overpowered make a thread, compare it to other tribunals and have it wimped.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 68  Next