Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:21 pm 
1. I think the word you're looking for is "triumvirate", at least, if you're intending to suggest a leadership of three parties.

2. You still seem to be missing the point of the suggestion that players should be able to join both a tribunal and cabal. It's to increase the number of players in organisations, not to dilute it further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:05 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Lei_Kung wrote:
nothingxs wrote:
This robed [REDACTED] is stupid. -_-

Thanks for sharing your feelings with the group.

Now if you would like I encourage you to share some reasons for those feelings.

Lei Kung

Simply because it's unnecessary. Just make cabal powers not use a somatic component and never 'incriminate' the person using them in exchange for an added cost (of whatever kind).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:48 pm 
Mortal

nothingxs wrote:
Lei_Kung wrote:
nothingxs wrote:

Lei Kung

Simply because it's unnecessary. Just make cabal powers not use a somatic component and never 'incriminate' the person using them in exchange for an added cost (of whatever kind).

That really hurts the Fist cabal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:51 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Cyra wrote:
nothingxs wrote:
Lei_Kung wrote:
nothingxs wrote:

Lei Kung

That really hurts the Fist cabal.

Not if they don't care if they're known or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:00 pm 
Mortal

Jardek wrote:
1. I think the word you're looking for is "triumvirate", at least, if you're intending to suggest a leadership of three parties.

2. You still seem to be missing the point of the suggestion that players should be able to join both a tribunal and cabal. It's to increase the number of players in organisations, not to dilute it further.

You must have skipped over this part...the main point...

I wrote:
Could we finally have enough members per group to add the two new groups I've been evangilizing for six years now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 pm 
No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:12 am 
Mortal

Sorry, but I see no merit in all this super-secret-spy stuff for cabals. The only reason to have groups in the first place is to encourage IC conflict and companionship. All this secrecy works against both. Nor do cabals deserve all these extra advantages against the uncabaled.

If we have to twist mechanics so greatly to make dual membership work, let's find some other way to combine tribunals with cabals. Personally, I'm still in favor of limited cabal control of tribunal functions, in exchange for both groups sharing a single cabal channel. (IMO, a shortage of IC friends is what hurts tribunals, not lack of IC activity.) But I'd take straightforward re-combination, with a extra power for Harlequins, over these overcomplicated schemes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:30 am 
Mortal

Midnight would need an extra power through straing recombination too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:42 am 
They'd need way more than an extra power. Think about it, you can choose any combination of cabal and tribunal, unless you pick MC. Then you're stuck with MC.

Thanks, but I'd prefer to get to RP my own choice of dual membership than the MC any day, unless they get some sort of vast superpower. I'd just count them as a tribunal, let them keep their skills, and let them join another cabal anyway. They won't be any more overpowered compared to the other organisations than they are at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:10 am 
Mortal

nothingxs wrote:

Actually that isn't the case at all. I will give you two example but by no means think these are the only times secrecy beyond casting is needed (note, I use to think only casting secrecy was needed but I've changed my POV on that).

Example 1

A player creates a character for the express purpose of joining XYZ cabal and learning/distributing the membership list via OOC means. Once that character has been inducted that player has full access to such knowledge and can begin to use/distribute it as he wills. This happens immediately upon induction with the way things currently work.

Example 2

A character seeks out induction into XYZ cabal because his tribunal leader has placed him on a mission to become a spy. When this character is inducted he is granted full knowledge (or close enough for our purposes) of XYZ cabal's membership list. In other words, one of the, if not the biggest secret the cabal has (who is a member and who isn't) is revealed upon induction. There was no work on the part of the tribunal spy once induction happened to learn and then distribute the list of members.

In example 1 we see OOC motivations leading a player to join an organization for the express purpose of obtaining a membership list. Once that list is distributed OOCly it can cause significant damage to the goals, RPs, and members of that cabal. In example 2 we see IC motivations for a character to join an organization to, in large part, obtain the membership list. In both cases induction simply allows for this.

Without allowing for the members to remain secretive, even from each other, the entire concept of secret cabals can be undone easily by one induction. The motivations can be OOC or IC as the examples show, but the damage is done and there is no way to protect against it. These suggestions don’t require members to be secret from each other, but allows them to do so if they wish. This also means that a spy within a cabal might have to work to learn identities and the member just wanting the list for OOC reasons will have to put in actual time with his character.

Lei Kung

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 68  Next