Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:50 am 
Mortal

I've got a better idea.

The suggestion was dual membership of cabals and tribunals.

The question we probably have to answer is do we want it or not, and if so, what limitations should be imposed or coded around such an implementation.

So don't try to fix CRS in the same breath. Address one issue at a time.

Don't try to change the inherent nature of the cabals. They've been long established for years and over those years have proven their balance.

Don't remove any cabal skills, they define a good part of the charm of the cabals concerned.

Sure as HELL don't remove a cabal. I like the diversity of our cabals. And they're time trialed and proven. Muck with them, and you muck with the core of the game. Break them, and you break the game.

Do allow a leader to hold joint membership if he wants. Do allow him to hold joint leadership if he can pull it off. If you don't, you artificially limit the potential of the game and its roleplay.

That's it. As simple as that. Everything else can be governed by common sense and a little bit of Immortal oversight on the part of the Patrons concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:32 pm 
Mortal

Not to say it isn't possible this was unsuggested in those -other- sixty pages.. *groan* but might we just run a new thread on this with a three option poll, as demonstrated below?

Melt 'em together! XX%
Dual wield! Riposte! XX%
God, (that's you, D) NO! XX%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:49 pm 
Mortal

I'm not sure how I'd vote on any of those three options. None of them seem to represent my view. I suspect if something has generated enough interest to go 60 pages, it's probably beyond the scope of a simple poll. It's down to the powers that be to harvest what opinion they can from what they have the stamina to read and then cast their own opinion and do what must be done.

Probably for the best.

We've never had democracy in SK really. Just benign dictatorship :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:53 pm 
Mortal

..Why is it it seems like everyone else understands OompaLoompa's posts but me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:34 pm 
I agree with Tat. This idea is really as simple as:

1. Allow membership in one cabal and one tribunal at the same time.
2. Allow a player to be a leader of both if they're gifted enough to have leadership of both offered to them.

It's that easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:01 pm 
Mortal

Let there be duel leadership. But change how tribunal leaders are chosen.
Option one I dont like is let the KD depending on Rping as the leader of the nation.
Option two Have tribunal leaders voted in by the nation.
Here is a rough outline of how I see it working. Citizens votes counting for 1. Tribunal votes starting off counting for different amount depending on government and can be altered see below. Tas and Zhensh = 2 times, wastes and empire = 5 times the normal vote (These could be higher or lower as KD determine) this it to reflect the tribunals power of the people/government. Then the KD gets a big vote counting for 10 acting as the leader of the nation. This would limit the risk of a cabal and tribunal being taken over by a single leader then passed on as a unit to the next because the cabal leader could only pass on cabal leadership not tribunal leadership. He can push for someone to take his place convince people to vote for him but cant make it happen. This would also give the chance for an "outsider" getting into a leadership position if they fit the roll.
You could have contests for leadership as well. To start a new vote it costs 50 obsidian (full bank balance) can only be done once every month real time. A week for candidates to nominate which can only come from tribunal members. A tribunal command *stand* to run for the position. Votes are casts for a week by speaking to a healer in the city. With in the week the tribunal and pay extra to manipulate the vote 20 times the amount the vote currently counts for to give it a bonus + 1. So in Zhenshi would cost 40 obsidian to get the vote to count for 3, 60 to 4. Where in the Empire it would cost 100 obsidian to make the vote count for 6, 120 for 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 pm 
lol no. Your idea would kill tribunals, Silmar.

Seriously, no change is needed other than letting people join tribs and cabals at the same time, and having the choice to lead either or both if they want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:57 am 
Mortal

Jardek wrote:
....Seriously, no change is needed other than letting people join tribs and cabals at the same time, and having the choice to lead either or both if they want.

Some folk mentioned there could be potential conflicts of interest if a single player led a trib and a cabal both. While this may be true, I think it would make little IC sense if such dual leadership was an absolute coded impossibility. A player with such 'power' may find himself in a position which is much more akin to 'stuck between a rock and a hardplace' and this may invoke RP and conflict alike. Given that cabals are suppose to be secretive under the proposals made, I see much mystery/intrigue added to a system with such potential. I think gaining such a position should be improbable, but not impossible, but also much greater potential to be lost than gained.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:17 am 
It is improbable that a person would be the leader of both a tribunal and a cabal at the same time, but conflict of interest? You guys are kidding yourselves.

I actually just excited myself about this, so I'll explain some more.

Like I said, it's not a 'conflict of interest' that would happen. Replace that with the term hegemony. Not only do a lot of tribunals and cabals have common interests, but you could get so much more done if you didn't have the niggling worry of some idiot tribunal leader booting all your members out of their homeland when you [REDACTED] them off, and you wouldn't have to worry about your neighbourhood cabal sticking its nose in other peoples' business and getting people [REDACTED] with your hometown.

Imagine, you could really be some kind of warden of the west, or a great and wise ruler of the south, or even a druidic regressive emperor of the fey kingdoms. You could even play around with it a bit and make cabals truly global organisations, like Dulrik wants. Imagine a king of Sith'a'niel, riding off on his spirit steed, or a great harlequin follower of chaos playing a trick on the entire world by leading the peacekeepers.

Besides, if you said flat out "Sorry, you can't do that", it'd be going against what this mud supposedly stands for. And I [REDACTED] hate the idea of being a leader of a cabal, sitting around in a tribunal and being offered leadership and having to turn it down just because of some [REDACTED] rule. I really am emphasising '[REDACTED]' there. It'd be god damn [REDACTED].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:49 am 
Mortal

Jardek wrote:
I agree with Tat. This idea is really as simple as:

1. Allow membership in one cabal and one tribunal at the same time.
2. Allow a player to be a leader of both if they're gifted enough to have leadership of both offered to them.

It's that easy.

I'll agree with Jardek though it pains me so.

Also I reckon city guards and bounty NPCs should be made much weaker - make it the tribunals responsibility to defend the town - they'd have more to do then.

I quite like the idea of changing bounty NPCs so that the inform the tribunal of the rough whereabouts of wanted people.

For example it would look like this, obviously it would have to be a 1/8 chance of them reporting at all or it would be spam happy.

[Keepers] Random law NPC: The criminal Timfriend/Dim male elf has been spotted on <Insert room title here>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 68  Next