Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:56 am 
Mortal

Fu** you.

Othet, you played a d0rf before the innate axe change. Your brain was obviously shot even before this thread came up.

Duh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:04 am 
Mortal

wow I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this thread. I feel a hell of a lot more stupid now for doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:06 pm 
Mortal

Ooh, maybe if I put a little bit of timecube in here, it'll make the thread get locked.
OoMpAlOoMpA wrote:
We have a 'hill' script for that. I think the hilly-ness is redundant.
If you grew up with it, you wouldn't think it's strange. I'm just explaining how it could exist, not that it would be the same as here. And, when I said it would be really hilly, I meant on a smaller scale, that makes it more difficult to tread in one direction than another. By the way, you're rejection of the hexagon idea shows me just how much you know about geometry. Also, you can put multiple quotes in one post. There's no need to triple-post.

Finally, *OTHET STOP READING* by using 8 exits in every room, and since we know that opposites create (like father and mother), we have sixteen exits that you see every time that you move in the wilderness. However, we should no longer call it sixteen, but four fours. Using that word for that number just takes away from the power of four. Four is the key to everything in nature. We have four ticks during every tick. We earn HP, ME, PE, and finally experience OOC from playing. See? Four is most important. There are 4 seasons, and four important parts of the day: sun up, sun down, midday, and midnight. www.timecube.com Free your mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
OoMpAlOoMpA wrote:
Babysitting this thread is too much work. I'm not making a reply for a few days, or until an imm posts.

Imm: Please post. Seriously.

Dulrik wrote:
Travorn wrote:
It's not broken. It doesn't need fixed. If it bothers you that much, pretend that you found a path going northeast that made it easier for you to travel, making you expend less energy.

QFT. The game has many other more pressing concerns than this.

First of all, your second post after your "break" post occurred 16 minutes later.

Secondly, you got your Immortal response from Dulrik himself. There are more important things for coders to do than sit and code how to change PE costs across different directions. I don't even want to think of the headaches, crashes, and bugs such a minor fix would entail.

Find something more noble to pursue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:18 pm 
Mortal

Othet wrote:
Oh god... oh, oh sweet god...

People, I live, LIVE with a math major, and am friends with several others. My winter break was my reprieve, my solace... my one escape from this, and now you went and made this happen. My brain... ...I think it evaporated into my hair.

I don't know why, but I just imagined a bust of some fat dwarven college major becoming a chia pet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
I'm sorry.

It is FM.

In SK, we write have our own laws of nature which operate entirely independant of those of the real world.

Moving northeast does in fact require the same expenditure of energy as moving east, even though the distance DOES appear to be different given OUR own mathematical laws.

That's the magic of FM.

It explains everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:21 am 
Mortal

For all of everybody's math genius on this thread they forget that they can't compute non-existant distances into an equation.

Even if you want to get all fancy with your vector lines and figuring out how much distance you travel, you have absolutely no numbers to work with.

How much distance is traveled between each grid? Who cares? There are more important things to worry about in the game. Like those meteors that are flying at your face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:09 am 
Cyra wrote:
Who cares?

I can draw a vector line that'll tell you exactly how much I care.

...Actually, I probably can't :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:42 pm 
Mortal

Actually Ardith, SK's measure of long distance is a league. Signs by the road say as much.

A league is 4.8 kilometres or 3 statute miles. Therefore, you have numbers to work with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:42 pm 
Mortal

It's also a fact that at least one IC puzzle requires knowledge of the pythagorean theorem. So unless you embrace one of my magical definitions, going e e e n n n (6 leagues) and ne ne ne (3 leagues) to get to the same spot doesn't work (you should be a little more than a league short).

The most logical explanation is the empty-space-magical-transport solution.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next