Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:51 pm 
Mortal

I'm a big fan of leadership crossing borders, at least of countries you are warring against.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:30 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
I'm a big fan of leadership crossing borders, at least of countries you are warring against.

Limiting leadership to warring countries seems unnecessarily game-y. What's wrong with a tribunal marching troops through an ally's land?

It's the NPCs that need limitation. Tribunals have Master+ NPCs designed to help them fight larger groups; they'd be overpowered on offense.

Instead, create a few army NPCs seperate from defense NPCs, and have them be available in a barracks somewhere. Only army bodyguards would enter other countries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:57 pm 
Mortal

Or generally lower the level of the tribunal NPCs to about mentor or so. Level 40 tops.

After all tribunal members will get a huge buff if they are allowed to keep an NPC with them 24/7, everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:59 am 
Implementor

I'm not proposing everywhere, only those kingdoms with which you are war. Along with this change, there would be a cost to a the tribunal's treasury at regular intervals in order to maintain the war status. If the tribunal is broke, the soldiers would return to their home kingdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:41 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
I'm not proposing everywhere, only those kingdoms with which you are war. Along with this change, there would be a cost to a the tribunal's treasury at regular intervals in order to maintain the war status. If the tribunal is broke, the soldiers would return to their home kingdom.

What exactly are you saying here?

I only ask because I am wondering what (if any) changes have gone live recently.

I havn't seen a newslist or forum update to code in quite sometime.

What (if anything) has gone into affect in the past few months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:06 am 
Mortal

Quote:
I'm not proposing everywhere, only those kingdoms with which you are war.

Could you at least also include allied kingdoms? The Guardians shouldn't have to declare war on Taslamar to march troops to the Northern Wastes.

We'd also need to do something about Uxmal. Perhaps make leadership there dependent on one's relations with the Harlequins?

Quote:
Along with this change, there would be a cost to a the tribunal's treasury at regular intervals in order to maintain the war status.

It'd be weird to have the Talons and CoN at nominal peace, just because it'd somehow be less expensive. And wouldn't the CoN be hurt here, since so many other groups hate it?

If only special army NPCs can cross borders, it'd be better to charge for them directly. That could be done when they accept an invitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:40 am 
Mortal

Forsooth wrote:
Could you at least also include allied kingdoms? The Guardians shouldn't have to declare war on Taslamar to march troops to the Northern Wastes.

We'd also need to do something about Uxmal. Perhaps make leadership there dependent on one's relations with the Harlequins?

Gates, portal stones and rifts are more than enough imo. Magic helps a lot.

And Uxmal is fine as it is. If they allow people to bring their law NPCs with them, from a lawless land it will be full of law NPCs supporting players in the no longer free-to-all PK arena of SK.

Forsooth wrote:
It'd be weird to have the Talons and CoN at nominal peace, just because it'd somehow be less expensive. And wouldn't the CoN be hurt here, since so many other groups hate it?

If only special army NPCs can cross borders, it'd be better to charge for them directly. That could be done when they accept an invitation.

It makes less sense this way though. And a good tribunal leader should be able to keep the economy at really high levels to support the wars, else he should attempt a truce with some kingdoms.

Plus CoN will be left with more than full vaults(as it has been for at least 6 months now) by the time that I delete anyway. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:57 am 
Mortal

silmar wrote:
The only place I see cabal robes being needed in SK in its current form is perhaps in cabal HQ defense. Could have it automatic when you enter a cabal gate robe.
Automatic on cabal gate, and able to be toggled on and off while inside the HQ (including the "outer court") regardless of whether a raid is taking place. This way, you could still perform inductions, have "secret" meetings, and not compromise that existing cabal skill or law immunity.

If and when HQs become disbanded when CRS moves, then the issue needs to be re-addressed. But this allows cabals to get used to the idea robes as RP and secrecy devices, not system abuse or the ability to use your skills with impunity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6