Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm 
Mortal

This taunt saver also blocks RP. Being like that 24/7 to be prepared to avoid taunts, it actually ruins the reason to play SK. Go play Everwar or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:21 pm 
Mortal

Can anyone see willpower enchants taking a part in resisting taunt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:06 pm 
Mortal

Adding a willpower save would make bless a very handy spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:23 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Gremlin24 wrote:
While I don't really care one way or another about the feeblemind change, I have to say that any necromancer who feels they can't get away from taunt might want to take another look at their spells list. Barring the concentration being higher than I think it is for a certain spell that is not used nearly enough, they should never really die to the one skill.

Fear works too, yes. But I still think feeble mind should affect cha. It will make it harder to taunt others that way and other things. I don't see why it wouldn't. Personality is a mental thing, it should be numb just like your thinking power when you are feebleminded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:23 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
You people should stop bringing this up, else it might lead to a corruption of nice spells/skills in an efford to balance an idiotic addition.
There is always a way to escape:

-Become ethereal.
-Deaf yourself.
-Apply spell ward on you.
-Wait until tick and leave.

My character died because I wasn't playing from my PC(no alliases)
While this group came in, I was typing a tell to another character.
I wouldn't bother animating undead to protect me.

PS. For the records, I don't recall any occasion my character resisted a taunt attempt. (Max wis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:26 pm 
Im2old4u wrote:
PS. For the records, I don't recall any occasion my character resisted a taunt attempt. (Max wis)

Same. I can be taunted (20 wis) everytime against a 23 cha swashbuckler without fail, no matter how many are in the group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 pm 
Mortal

Dark-Avenger wrote:
Taunt, no matter the little changes that happened after the big change, was, is and will be(if it remains like that) completely overpowered. And the coding doesn't seem to work as intended either. Of course people like Ardith will say that taunt sucks, but then again they play a swashbuckler.

The 6 vs 1(make it 2, he had a store bought pet with him) gank with the instant taunt that happened 2 days ago was just another proof of how overpowered taunt is.

Why do you jackasses keep taking what I say out of context to fit your arguments?

I didn't just say "taunt sucks". I gave particular reasons why I don't like the skill, and I'd appreciate it if you would quit skewing my arguments to fit whatever half-assed argument you have.

Delear just happened to get unlucky. One case of something happen is by no means an indication of how strong or how weak a skill is. Being in a group of six versus a group of two does not garner you immunity to being taunted. It only gives you a higher chance of saving against it. It's the same thing with every single saving throw in the game. You will never be 100% completely immune to anything.

Delear wasn't even killed because he was taunted. He could have just as easily been tripped or bashed, and he was simply overpowered by damage output.

Now don't touch my argument again, you freak. Because I'll use the same half-assed argument to show that my necromancer was taunted by a swashbuckler and ended up ganking three PCs and could have killed another two.

Some of you just don't feel safe enough unless you're wearing elbow and kneepads all the time.

Last edited by Cyra on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
-Apply spell ward on you.

:-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 pm 
Mortal

Feeblemind's awesome the way it is. I know I've managed to screw over plenty of people when I had that spell. But I don't think it should affect cha.

Taunt IS overpowering and SHOULD NOT be something easily used in a group with 6 people. I don't know how you all manage to make it more hard, but I think that the chances of taunting someone with each additional member should be like a -10%, so that by the time you hit a group with six people, you're looking at taunt landing being only around a 40% (thats assuming you've mastered thsi spell). That way, you're still just less than half likely to grab the person, but yet the possibility is still so low, you're not going to get as many complainers.

Again, up there is just a random thought up idea. I have NO idea how you all set that up.

I also agree with Im2old4u. Its easy as a wand-user to avoid dying in that situation. Just carry an ethereal wand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:54 pm 
Mortal

Kilia wrote:
six people, you're looking at taunt landing being only around a 40% (thats assuming you've mastered thsi spell). That way, you're still just less than half likely to grab the person, but yet the possibility is still so low, you're not going to get as many complainers.

Have you any idea how massive a chance 40% is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next