Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official 2013 Taunt Suggestion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 am 
Mortal

Agreeeeeed. That third row elf peacekeeper/hammer crossbow taunter is looking pretty good Edoras, YOU SHOULD MAKE IT!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:20 am 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
Deathadder wrote:
why not add enhanced dodge, with the changes to taunt? That seems to boost defense, add a debuff to accuracy, and give swashies a counter to massive weapons. As long as its coded right, shouldnt make them broken. Plus its a dex perk so giant swashies wont get broken by it.

Edit. Granted swashies live on parry for riposte. But wouldn't that even the field a little

No, nothing needs to be added to melee period - no matter the class. The Arms Race© needs to stop now - tweak the accuracy bonus of frenzy, specialization and bless. Or make accuracy from buffs work like endowment enchants - only the largest bonus is used and the rest are ignored.

May I tentatively suggest that while you're right that nothing should be added offensively, perhaps enhancing defensive capabilities might be justified?

I think that accuracy bonuses overlapping instead of stacking is a very good idea, by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 pm 
Mortal

Le Petit Prince wrote:
FinneyOwnzU wrote:
Deathadder wrote:
why not add enhanced dodge, with the changes to taunt? That seems to boost defense, add a debuff to accuracy, and give swashies a counter to massive weapons. As long as its coded right, shouldnt make them broken. Plus its a dex perk so giant swashies wont get broken by it.

Edit. Granted swashies live on parry for riposte. But wouldn't that even the field a little

No, nothing needs to be added to melee period - no matter the class. The Arms Race© needs to stop now - tweak the accuracy bonus of frenzy, specialization and bless. Or make accuracy from buffs work like endowment enchants - only the largest bonus is used and the rest are ignored.

May I tentatively suggest that while you're right that nothing should be added offensively, perhaps enhancing defensive capabilities might be justified?

I think that accuracy bonuses overlapping instead of stacking is a very good idea, by the way.

Swashbucklers don't need a defensive ability - this a case where they are in a bad position because other classes (mercenary and barbarian) were over buffed. Tweak specialization, frenzy and bless or make accuracy buffs work like endowment enchants.

Giving swashbucklers a new ability continues the Arms Race© and it won't be long before mercenaries and barbarians are clamoring for a new round of changes and/or buffs. Plus, a buff to swashbuckler also affects other melee reliant classes, like rogue and scout, which definitely don't need any sort of accuracy penalty like proposed in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 pm 
Mortal

Funny you keep mentioning that other melee classes are over buffed but do not acknowledge that taunt is part of the problem in that it gives them yet another buff when used against them. Why worry about a bunch of other things when you could start by simply not having taunt buff enemy melee opponents? How is this not the most obvious and logical first step?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:44 pm 
Mortal

Styles wrote:
Funny you keep mentioning that other melee classes are over buffed but do not acknowledge that taunt is part of the problem in that it gives them yet another buff when used against them. Why worry about a bunch of other things when you could start by simply not having taunt buff enemy melee opponents? How is this not the most obvious and logical first step?

The only problem with taunt is that it does not lower peak intelligence. Of course, you are likely going to keep posting Edoras-style, since buffing the class you intend to play next has become similar to his crusade to avoid necromancer changes.

You have both lost objectivity when it comes to swashbuckler/necromancer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 pm 
Mortal

So you think it is fine that taunt buffs enemy melee opponents? Just a yes or no will do.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 pm 
Mortal

Styles wrote:
So you think it is fine that taunt buffs enemy melee opponents? Just a yes or no will do.

I have already stated my position on taunt several times, Edor...er, Styles. Feel free to use the search feature or re-read the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:21 pm 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
Styles wrote:

I have already stated my position on taunt several times, Edor...er, Styles. Feel free to use the search feature or re-read the thread.

You have refused to address this issue at all and have stated you think the only necessary change to taunt is to have it reduce peak INT. You have said you think melee buffs have gotten out of hand and propose a moratorium on new buffs and a reduction in existing buffs.

These two positions are contradictory, as taunt currently provides a melee buff. Instead of addressing this with a a simple yes or no response you wish to engage in ad hominem by attacking me and my motivations, which are irrelevant to the merits of any ideas I post. So again, you can give a simple yes or no answer to the question of whether taunt should buff enemy melee opponents or you may continue to engage in argument chicanery and bluster by calling me uncredible and likening me to Edoras, but such a ruse in the face of your inability to disentangle the fallacious nature of your position is transparent to me and probably everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
you guys can hash it out all you want. But I'd like to hear What Dulrik thinks on the situation. And the possibility of there being a change

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm 
Mortal

Styles wrote:
FinneyOwnzU wrote:
Styles wrote:

You have refused to address this issue at all and have stated you think the only necessary change to taunt is to have it reduce peak INT. You have said you think melee buffs have gotten out of hand and propose a moratorium on new buffs and a reduction in existing buffs.

These two positions are contradictory, as taunt currently provides a melee buff. Instead of addressing this with a a simple yes or no response you wish to engage in ad hominem by attacking me and my motivations, which are irrelevant to the merits of any ideas I post. So again, you can give a simple yes or no answer to the question of whether taunt should buff enemy melee opponents or you may continue to engage in argument chicanery and bluster by calling me uncredible and likening me to Edoras, but such a ruse in the face of your inability to disentangle the fallacious nature of your position is transparent to me and probably everyone else.

Just calling a spade a spade. Your posting style is very similar to Edoras - repeatedly posting the same material/argument in an attempt to drown out anyone that disagrees with you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next