Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brainstorm: What change(s) would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:41 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Since the game now tracks a lot of stuff for hero, is there a way players could see where they rank out in that? Or if there can be a monthly post for the top ten or so for each category? I would be very interested in that.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:36 pm 
Mortal

What kind of stuff does it track?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:28 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Quote:
Q: How is hero status achieved?
A: Becoming a hero has multiple statistically based requirements:
- Must have played a minimum number of hours AND game years to qualify.
- The character's lifetime stats in each of four categories is scored:
roleplaying, mentorship, leadership, player vs player combat
- For each category, the average score for all current characters who
have shown any participation in that category are also calculated.
- The character's percentage relative to the average is calculated.
- The four category percentages are averaged to form a hero score.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:56 am 
Mortal

Quote:
A small clump of green seaweed sits here.
A small clump of seaweed is made of plant and size tiny

You eat a small clump of seaweed.
You can now breathe water

This would only be found while actually underwater, but I think it would be another great herb to add to the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Water breathing is cheep to get your hands on you just need to explore some towns a little. I always look at things like that as things you trade herbs to get. Much like detection spells etc.
I think there are only 2 things scouts could use added to the game both are quality of life improvements (other than the dream of becoming better archers than mercs). I dont know about excite me to play but it would make life better when I do play.

Firstly a way to get your pets to follow you when you recall.
Call pet costs ME and PE can only be used at your stones (so there is a time when a scout doesnt have their pets after recalling because word of recall brings them with you.) Summons your pets to your stones. This could actually be added to all classes for store bought pets/elemental, Im not sure about charmed/undead/dominated targets for sorcerors/necromancers/hellions those classes get easy access a fast travel spell so would probably depend on if its easier to code one way or the other. (This limits the need for word of recall for non life threatening situations)

Second herb <X> active command. This would cost PE (about what it costs to walk a wilderness room of similar type) it would double or triple the chance of getting X herb while completely removing the chance of getting any other kind of herb. That way you dont end up with mountains of herbs when you are just looking for one kind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:07 am 
Mortal

What would excite me to play? An official SK log site for things such as:

1: IMM PoV of important events, the kind that every NPC in Pyrathia has heard about. Dulrik has always been big on "go find out for yourself in game" and while I agree... There are some big events that there is no-way the character hasn't heard about happening, and it stinks to log in and be like "wtf is going on" to something huge and not even remotely secret. This could include your average bonanza combat arena to world roleplay events (like the old daemonic invasion and the quest to seal the rift)
2: Logs of evidence and punishment for offending players. Closest thing to a trial we could get and would give some transparency.
3: Logs of public events, roleplay, and combat submitted by players to be reviewed by staff to see if its okay to post (like the Area and Character building guides).

I feel like all of these would help draw potential players.
I know it has been said that this would never-ever happen. But I've also heard for the past decade and a half that a Fist-barbarian would never-ever happen, so hey, why not?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:29 pm 
Mortal

Cordance wrote:
Second herb <X> active command. This would cost PE (about what it costs to walk a wilderness room of similar type) it would double or triple the chance of getting X herb while completely removing the chance of getting any other kind of herb. That way you dont end up with mountains of herbs when you are just looking for one kind.

I dunno about this one. There's a benefit to going out looking for a specific type and getting tons of other stuff. For one, you might find that, "Oh yeah I -did- need some of that other stuff" or two "Well, time to sell a bunch of this crap and make some extra money". Just my two cents.
:drunk:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:29 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Baranov wrote:
What would excite me to play? An official SK log site...
...I know it has been said that this would never-ever happen. But I've also heard for the past decade and a half that a Fist-barbarian would never-ever happen, so hey, why not?

Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:59 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gemyna Milmyra
I know that in the past it has always been shot down as an absolute NO, but given the other changes that have been going on I'd still like to put out that the ability to RP through a slight change in alignment would be awesome. I've always wanted to do a character that was either dark or grey and worked themselves into the light after seeing the errors of their ways, a change of heart, etc. The RP should be intense for something like this and involve IMM prayer, questing, devotion, etc but the ability to do so should be there. Especially if it were a single level move (ie light to grey as life's experiences have turned their heart or grey to light after a major religious experience where they were 'born again' kind of thing.) In all the times/years that I've played SK, the extreme staticness of a character's alignment has always been the most frustrating part, especially for an avid RPer. I know that for me personally, 17 years after I started playing this game, my personality definitely isn't the same that it was back then. Why would we expect a character to live their entire life without ever questioning their own personality?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:08 pm 
Mortal

ssenpsl wrote:
I know that in the past it has always been shot down as an absolute NO, but given the other changes that have been going on I'd still like to put out that the ability to RP through a slight change in alignment would be awesome. I've always wanted to do a character that was either dark or grey and worked themselves into the light after seeing the errors of their ways, a change of heart, etc. The RP should be intense for something like this and involve IMM prayer, questing, devotion, etc but the ability to do so should be there. Especially if it were a single level move (ie light to grey as life's experiences have turned their heart or grey to light after a major religious experience where they were 'born again' kind of thing.) In all the times/years that I've played SK, the extreme staticness of a character's alignment has always been the most frustrating part, especially for an avid RPer. I know that for me personally, 17 years after I started playing this game, my personality definitely isn't the same that it was back then. Why would we expect a character to live their entire life without ever questioning their own personality?

I agree to this, and I've petitioned a few IMMs along the way, to no avail. I had a drow back in the day start as aberrant, but as he grew up, he found a rather malicious liking to Zynor, and I try to work in some RP that the dark and twisted magic of Zynor could turn him into a diabolic murderer. But yeah no go on that. I don't think they'd ever go for dark to light, but I could see going from grey to either light or dark, depending on life experiences and RP involved. Especially if said character ended up having to fight either dark or light due to alliances, friends, etc. I also wouldn't mind seeing someone who started off as scrupulous end up living their life and becoming quite principled, changing that slight little bit of themselves due to the RP nature of their character.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next