Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:20 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

The Mighty Fluffball wrote:
MAYBE it would work if the members were given a specialty or something. Choose skills or leadership.

The problem with that would be is that they would be found out if they were ever asked to use their ability. Unless they are a double-agent and just doesn't care about the other half. I would also think that any two groups can have members in it. For only that benefit. ie you lost all access of all of one faction so that you can act like you are in the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:02 pm 
Mortal

I'd still rather have new classes over dual-membership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:24 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

josephusmaximus3 wrote:
Why not just let them take guards out of their nation.

I would think the best and most simple solution would be to beef the leagionares. Maybe give them a priest or at least some other class aside from merc.s and hellions.

The real problem, as I see it, would come for the Harlys. It really doesn't make sense for them to be all "Yey chaos, Yey Anarchy" and be a part of a governing body over another country. They are the ones that would need either a new skill or a few NPCs to control with their own sort of leadership. Maybe they can have their own set of "Mercinaries for hire" that normally travel in random spots in Teron or in their HQ?

Overall I would rather see a simple merger. I was actually planning on starting an RP of this nature with my current character to see if we couldn't merg. Chem had the basic feel for it. Dual membership makes for more chaos and headaches for a very similar result. I mean, noone will likely want to pass up a few free spells, a limited tank, and law immunity or cabal powers by abstaining from one or the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:33 pm 
Mortal

I don't see why the average tribunal would tolerate members from most non-matching cabals. Maybe a Fist in the Peacekeepers would work. But why would the CoN accept a Midnight Council member, or a Druid? Would the Guardians be thrilled about accepting a Hammer, who's oathed to Taslamar?

I don't think this works in roleplay terms, let alone gameplay terms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:44 pm 
soultoast wrote:
I'd still rather have new classes over dual-membership.

soultoast for admin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Yeah, I agree with chem for once (someone shoot me please).

Anywho the reason is that the Tribs are much better suited for everything that was implimented in the Cabals. By making them classes you can add more variety (I still say add options for every class to make them unique). This would be a huge change, but what I think is that if it works. Since, I know Big D can write it. So, go for the gusto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Galstan/Cyril/Ulrich/Elar
I'm a bit tired, but I'll try my best to explain my view on the issue.

Alright, Cabals are secret organizations that empower thier members with secret abilities and skills.

The Druids are a group of people that have learned the secrets of nature and use its powers for thier own agenda.

The Adepts are a blood cult that has unlocked unholy dark magics.

The Harlequins are a society that has unlocked the power of chaos.

The Fist are a bunch of monks that through disclipline and study have mastered a fighting style unattainable to most.

The Hammer is an organization of crusaders blessed by the gods of light.

I seem them very similar to prestige classes in the D&D world.

Tribunals on the other hand are the working governments of each kingdom. Obviously certain tribunals wouldn't mesh well with certain cabals, but all in all what's stopping a member of a blood cult from gaining political power in the Empire? Or a Druid from gaining power in any country. Just because the code and the game will allow it doesn't mean that the players have to, or even that it is certain to happen. It just allows the opportunity for it to happen.

The potential downsides to this that I can think of are potential infighting, when the Talons are thrown into civil war because the Druids and Fist are at war with each other. Another thing I can forsee is the playerbase merging a cabal with a tribunal. Let's say there's a Fist leader of the Talon that inducts the entire Fist into the cabal for law immunity, or vice versa, inducting the entire Talons into the Fist for the powers.

Invariably I see the Cabals merging with the Tribunals in the long run should we allow dual membership. If anything is to be done, we might want to go back to the old way of doing things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:49 pm 
Mortal

I think you guys are missing the opportunity here. Whatever happened to the argument about having spies in tribunals/countries? Your standards of rp are too generic, and that's one of the problems in sk. There are many valid reasons for a commonly concieved "opposite" cabal member to join forces with a tribunal. Not midnight, certainly, but I could certainly see an adept fitting in other places - zhensh especially, given it's history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:01 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

I can see an Harlequin or Peacekeeper infiltrating the MC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Mortal

Leaving all options open make it too easy to abuse and twink it.

I don't want to see a Druid getting in CoN(undead obviously), but some will do it for law immunity and free dr00d traps/pks in Krychire. I don't want to see a grey auraed MCer getting in Keepers/GoA/Talons because all he will do is abuse his power and law immunity and cause trouble in the city(perhaps not actual crimes, but helping his cabal big time).

Not to mention that tribunals already have immense power imho, no matter what some will say. If cabal powers are added to tribunal characters I can see certain combos being nearly unkillable in their tribunal land(sick free tank, free buffs, law immunity, ordering guards rescue you/move to attackers).

If something like this gets implemented, I'd rather see allowing dual membership to similar cabals/tribunals only(as oathbreaker flag works now, adept-con, keeper-hammer, fist-talons etc, perhaps leave harlies able to join any tribunal) which actually is more or less merging cabals and tribunals.

PS: I assume one character will be able to join both at the same time, if 2 characters from a player join different cabal/tribunal(no matter their alignment-choice) it's all up to the players keeping OOC info separate between their two characters.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next