Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:52 pm 
Mortal

Arsilan, the cabal has its own interests, not those of a god.

When there is an oath to a god it is to ensure to the leader that this member won't totally [censored] up the cabal without some "divine" punishment. If some member takes an oath to a god to protect the secrets of the cabal and then starts giving info here and there as a spy, someone should curse him big time. This way cabals can try to keep secret agendas/plans and not having all plans known to enemy cabals instantly.

And I expect to see many spies if such opposing dual membership gets implemented. Anyone will try to be special and play a spy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:13 am 
Why would a god care about enforcing an oath for the benefit of some petty mortal who can't keep his minions in line himself?

I certainly wouldn't. Those leaders who need that sort of stuff to back them up are weak, and, if these changes are implemented, will doubtless see a lot of their plans backfire on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:17 am 
Mortal

It's not the god that cares for the petty mortal leader who can't keep his minions in line himself.

It's the god that cares for some other petty mortal who uses his name to take an oath and then breaks it. It makes him a bad name.

The mortal leader as a leader is free to enforce any way to ensure an induction and the cabal secrets. An oath to a god is a simple and safe way to do it. If the "spy" doesn't want to do it because he knows he will [censored] up his oath, he can say no and don't get in the cabal. By the time he takes an oath to a god's name and then breaks it, it's all his fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:18 am 
Mortal

Spies in a cabal/tribunal are dumb. If you're in both a tribunal and cabal if you could be in both, and you become an oathbreaker by getting kicked out for being a spy in one, it should force you to leave the other.

A certain amount of staticness is needed in order for RP to work in an enviroment like SK. Its the same reason why necromancers are always evil, why you can't change alignments, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 am 
I would rather be for stripping cabals out of the game, leaving tribunals and forming new classes.

However, with the limited brain crunching capacity and idling and hoarding and elite whining abilities of someone like Dark-Avenger we'd never have the chance to improve the mud.

I have no qualms with the ideas of spies from a cabal going into a tribunal and [REDACTED] some things up. It's roleplay, don't be afraid of it. As for oaths to a god, they only care about their followers. I actually never made any character take oaths when joining the cabal I had power over. Either I liked the guy and inducted him or turned him away. If he decided to be an idiot while in the cabal I surely knew how to use cabal uninduct. And personally I don't think a cabal leader has any business making an oath that says you pledge such and such loyalties to such and such gods. The help files don't even support that kind of "guidance", and neither do I. You don't have to hamstring RP because you don't have the capacity to do anything of the sort.

And historically, the Oathbreaker flag was introduced to make it so Peso could only join 1 cabal or tribunal with any given character. :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:54 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
I like the idea of multiple cabals in a tribunal or multiple tribunals in a cabal. It would make for very interesting city defense combinations, and after a brief time of absolutely everyone being a spy that idea would thin out and there would be just a few spies that people would have to watch out for.

A second idea would be to make the cabals a second stage of the tribunals. You want to become a hammer some day? Join the peacekeepers. If you're satisfactory, someone might offer the hammer rank to you. This could work with MC as well, separating their trib function from their cab function. The leadership of the cab could induct new trib members or move trib members into the cab. The leader of the cab could also name trib leaders who would be able to induct new trib members. Of course, trib leaders would have to be part of the cab. With this idea, there would be as many as four people who could induct you into the trib of your choice: the two cab leaders and the two trib leaders. It would also make cabs more secretive and more selective. You don't ask them to join, they ask you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:26 am 
Mortal

The MC of course would not be allowed to join another cabal/tribunal. Once MC always MC.

I like the idea. Then jolly frollith could be a guardian of Sith'a'niel and a Hammer of Light. Or a Talon could be a Hammer. Or a Peacekeeper/Druid.

I say it opens up a whole lot of possibilities...

I just have the question of how you would fix the cabal channel to work with dual-wielding....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:50 am 
Mortal

Pushing40 wrote:
I like the idea of multiple cabals in a tribunal or multiple tribunals in a cabal. It would make for very interesting city defense combinations, and after a brief time of absolutely everyone being a spy that idea would thin out and there would be just a few spies that people would have to watch out for.

Just think about it, and how it would make tribunals... unimportant in the end. They will just become the "something extra" you get for buffs and law immunity. On the other hand if you could have dual membership between one specific cabal per tribunal, that could be something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I say leave it open, if one does the extremity DA mentioned (druids/CoN) then either CoN or the Druids (or both)* will uninduct him kick his butt on 24/7 hour basis

As for the oaths, I have not joined many cabals and when I did things where different(I never sworn to ANY immortals) but still, if you supposedly have to give an oath that breaks a previus one, then it is something you are aware of and you are either too ignorant to give a damn or you think that the part wich you are trully loyal to will protect you
(i.e. Hammer swears to the Gods of light then joings CoN as a spy, he knows that the Gods of light where he trully is loyal to will protect him from the false oaths he took to the Gods of Darkness)
I am totaly in for that because besides some twinking that it can easily be dealt with, it will generate many good and Unique RP Oportunities.

*If not then the player is doing a good job as a spy I would more see him get rewarded than punished but the risc of getting his cover blown is always waiting at the next corner.

[edit] I did not get it right but did Dulrik mean that a player will be able to have both alts into different cabals/tribunals as well?[/edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:21 am 
Mortal

How will CB work damnit

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 68  Next