Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:27 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
One Valiant Truth wrote:
How will CB work damnit

Honestly I think that THAT would be the least of the problems.

It could be the name of the cabal as an argument instead

where now is

cb hello
[DRUID] you: hello

it will be
cb Druid hello
[DRUID] you: hello

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:31 am 
Mortal

I am all for this. I hope there is a deep-oriented tribunal that comes with the change.

CB with an arguement could lead to mistakes. Like wanting to send a CB to the Adepts but screwing up and sending it to the Peacekeepers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:17 am 
Revin, I don't think you quite understand that the point of this exercise is to reduce the pool of organisations rather than to increase it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:32 am 
Mortal

CB - Cabal
add Tb - Tribunal

Problem solved.

I would personally rather see them merged as well. Theres just too many hinderances it would be practically the same thing. MC can join nothing else in my opinion, they already have both. no one can join MC if they are in another.

Adepts only fit with CoN really.
Harlies it depends on your idea of chaos. They could be a good politician than works towards making other tribunals goto war, planting their seeds wherever they can. Thought most people just play the "insane/whacko/[REDACTED]" RP of them.

The lightie side has a bit more leeway with cross membership.

Druid get kinda screwed. Darkie druids will have a hard time finding a tribunal to accept them. Lighties might be fine, but what if their tribunal becomes to strong compared to the rest of the realms? conflict of interest now.

IMO merge them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:32 am 
Mortal

Maybe your point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:41 am 
A lot of you seem to be forgetting the fact that you (as a druid, or an adept, or whatever) do not have to say "Oh yes, I am a druid/adept/whatever" before they join their tribunal choice, and vice versa with tribunal members joining cabals.

In fact, it might be more in keeping with those organisations which are 'shadowy' (Harlequins, Adepts, Druids, and even the MC according to their help file) if you didn't mention your allegiances. Then nobody would be kicking your [REDACTED], booting you out, or even flat out not accepting you as a member. I can very easily see, for example, a lone wolf druid seeking to infiltrate the council of necromancers without even telling his druidic brethren, so that he could destroy the evil from within. And who knows, maybe that contact would taint him and he'd turn against his former friends.

Of course, I have very little doubt that the rampant use of instant messengers amongst the playerbase will allow for such RP to last for long, but it'll be good while it does.

The more I think about this multiple cabal/tribunal idea, the more I like it - as long as combination choices are completely unrestricted. That includes the MC, which I would include as a cabal rather than a tribunal. Those of you complaining that it's both already seem to be forgetting when the MC was the only cabal with the ability to order its guards about. I don't recall too much bitching about it from back then, and to be frank, they'd really get no more of an advantage than they do now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:12 am 
Mortal Contributor

It's going to end up looking like this:

For a lightie, the following combinations are feasible:

FIST HAMMER DRUID HARLEQUIN
KEEPER TALON GUARDIAN

For a gray aura, the following combinations are feasible:

MIDNIGHT
FIST DRUID HARLEQUIN ADEPT
KEEPER TALON GUARDIAN COUNCIL

For a dark aura, the following combinations are feasible:

MIDNIGHT
DRUID HARLEQUIN ADEPT
TALON COUNCIL

I suppose this would offset the fact that darkies have access to one of the stronger cabals/tribunals (Midnight) and the fact that Necromancers are incredibly strong, but it also makes it very, very difficult for them to come up with interesting combinations when it comes to their aura.

Also, I list the Talon because in general, Nerina is very, very lenient on who joins what. I'd say that nowadays, Shigehiro getting into the Talon would actually be very feasible.

To offset the deal with Midnight, you could ostensibly split the Midnight Council into something like the 9th Legion ([LEGION]), and generally most members of Midnight would also be in the Legion. On the other hand, the Council might send spies into other countries...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:14 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I am going to agree with Jardek on this one. Unrestricted access. Treat MC as a cabal. Give players the chance to stuff up. As many people will join the similar cabal and tribunal as will make spies in somewhat opposing combinations. The biggest issue in my book is what will happen with them joining both and having a huge advantage over a player that is in a single group or none. I suppose that's my main issue. Otherwise, I'm fully behind this idea. I'd love to see the cabals become secretive and a bit more exclusive than they currently are. This change would allow them to go more behind the scenes. It would make diplomacy interesting. I am worried about the twink factor, but I think that is my only concern. While merging them is a second option, I'd rather leave things alone than try to recombine them. I wont like the idea of some of the groups being merged. Talon and Fist, Druid and Guardian...these groups aren't the same thing. They shouldn't be forced to "merge" their ideals. One is a government, an authority. The other is a secret society that is formed to further ideals, within or without their kingdom's authority.

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:22 am 
Mortal

CRS should have been TRS, and cabals should have been left alone.

Secrecy is good at times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Briner, Senach, Myson, others.
I'm still curious as to why D thinks that we should have dual membership as opposed to merging cabals and tribunals of a like-minded aims.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 68  Next