Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:29 pm 
Mortal

Jardek, stop making sense. You are supposed to spout penial colony nonsense.

*agrees with Achernar*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:48 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

We've already had the discussion on which is stronger, tribs or cabals. For pk purposes cabals are stronger. How much stronger is up for debate. Lei Kung came up with the idea of spreading out the powers such that the difference in power lvl of cabals and tribs would be evened out. Jardek, I don't see you making a char to be a guardian. I also don't see anyone else for that matter. The reason that no one is making Guardian chars, is because it is not fun to sit around in the tree to defend it. With cabals you can leave the country of origin and affect things. If tribs were given worldwide powers, then the heavy side of Cabals (And there are a lot of people in cabals) then it would give chars a different option. That is plain and simple. No merging, no dual citizenship, give tribs powers then you will see tribs filled out just fine.

[edit] If tribs are suppose to be only baby cabals then get rid of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:01 pm 
NotWill wrote:
it doesn't involve my going off into fairy land

Jardek wins.
This is the easiest and best thing to do. If you can be in both, cabals can maintain their power as well as grown in annonimity while tribs will grow in numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:51 pm 
Implementor

Lei_Kung wrote:
Note: I would be interested to know of Dulrik is/would consider merging. If not why waste time by even discussing it.

I am still considering it. The variant I would lean toward is:
Code:
- Dual membership allowed in one cabal and one tribunal.
- Keep oathbreaker flag for cabals but not tribunals.
- No powers removed from cabals.
- Change powers to make them more secretive if logically appropriate.
- Can only be leader of one faction not both.
- Tribunals can bring guards into an enemy kingdom if at war.
- Tribunals can bring guards into Uxmal if at war with any other kingdom.
- Wars and alliances cost factions money to maintain.

However that is assuming the technical issues are ironed out. And I'm still not fully decided to go forward with this, but I am looking into reworking the code to at least make it possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:53 pm 
that would be so choice! :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:03 am 
Muktar wrote:
For pk purposes cabals are stronger.

This is incorrect. Thanks all the same, but I'd rather have champion-GM level shield, armor, bless, sanc, giant strength, haste and fly on demand, and when I'm sitting at home a high-level NPC than a couple of much-wimped spells and skills. Cabals are good, but tribunals have just as much potential for PK power - especially if you're a warrior.

Muktar wrote:
Jardek, I don't see you making a char to be a guardian. I also don't see anyone else for that matter. The reason that no one is making Guardian chars, is because it is not fun to sit around in the tree to defend it.

I wonder if I'm allowed to call you an idiot on the gameplay forum. When the Guardians were still the knights of selkwood, and filled with mudsexxors the likes of which would make you cry yourself to sleep every night, I made a character for them, took leadership, gave the guardians their name, and forced all the cabals and tribunals opposing me into submission, even invading (and to a large part destroying) the Empire. I played that character for around a year, and the Guardians, along with perhaps the peacekeepers under three, were the most powerful player group of the time.

So yes, Muktar, I am in a very qualified position to say that the guardians can be great, and the only thing that sucks is you, the playerbase who can't be bothered to work with them. The Guardians are filled with RP potential that folks are either too lazy to achieve or too stupid to realise.

Dulrik, I agree with all your ideas except for the one where you can only be leader of one faction and not both. Why make it like that? It makes the possibilities so much more limited for a character. I can't see any reason why a powerful and influential enough character shouldn't be able to take charge of a cabal and a tribunal and meld them into one giant war machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:26 am 
Mortal

Also, I can see wars costing money to tribs, but I don't see why alliances should. Not to mention that everyone and their mom are gonna keep their alliances unofficial in order to save the money. I think that alliance cost is uncalled for, and it will only cause tribunals to call their actual alliances as truces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:43 am 
Juggernaut has a point. Perhaps make it possible to transfer money to other tribunals you are allied to help their economy if they are in need. Give out credits and loans and such. I would make it cost money to declar war on another country and maintain that status.

All other ideas I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:49 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
oh com'on credit and loans? these are shattered kingdoms, are we going to have FED as well to announce the rates? The economy problems can be solved easily, leader of XX tribunal gives leader of YY tribunal 10 obsidian coins. Problem solved.

I agree with the ideas proposed, if you are an ally with someone who is on war you could have some sort of a new tax that covers part of the war expences for your ally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:51 am 
Gnomes make lots of advancements. You think one is crafty enough to introduce the idea of credit cards and interests rates.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 68  Next