Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:17 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I am not sure if this was mentioned before (this is a loooong thread) but something popped to me as I was reading
Lets take an example:
The Empire declares war to Taslamar (typical)
Both parties get involved in brutal and continual battle with no apparent winner emerging, both are too stubborn to stop it, depression falls on both Kingdoms. all fine so far ...

But, all this gold? Where does it go? It cannot just disappear, I mean there must and SHOULD be a cost on a tribunal waging war to another but who takes that money?

Maybe we could have somewhere in Uxmal a huge mercenary barrack, even better, a PC controlled one, that it would provide with extra fighting force to the cabal in need.
Of course such an organisation would have increased needs in a) men to train, b) raw material for armor and weaponry, so deals with other tribunals would be made for a continual supply.

Reading over this seems a bit out of reality, but it would give money some circulation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:28 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Remember, truly money is just a representation of goods not gotten yet. Wars eats up resources. Which means the coin either leaves circulation and keeps goods at the same price, or it stays in circulation depresses the economy even further because prices for goods continue to rise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:03 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
What you are talking about is Inflation, where during a war a potato could cost 5 obs, but still, since there is one currency in SK someone who would sell said potato in Exile for five obs would enjoy all the benefits of his trade back home.

I sense this is getting off topic, but if D said that there is a Fixed amount of money about, and a country is gettng poorer from war, then where does that coin go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:45 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Just curious, where are we on convincing you D? Do you think you are now for, against, or still undecided on the issue at hand? I think any further input might have to be inspired by how your opinion has changed or hasn't changed.

I am now personally for the idea. I think it may need tweeking once implemented and people find all of the fun ways to abuse the system, and that empire should get a few better tribunal NPCs (I am not for splitting them into a cabal and tribunal at all). I also think it would be nice for the Harlys to control some of the guild heads of Teron. You know, noble enforcers, rogues guild, merc.s guild, a few NPCs from each would be nice.

If you are decided on implementing it, what would be the timeframe for such?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:06 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Galstan/Cyril/Ulrich/Elar
This might be a little off topic, but if anything was inspired by this thread. With the new changes to the economy system, and as a tool for tribunals, how about allowing the idea of economic sanctions against a certain kingdoms by imposing embargos.

Tribunal embargo <kingdom>

This will disallow shopkeepers from selling to people from said country as well as disallowing your citizens from purchasing goods in the target lands.

I know it would suck, but war sucks.

My idea is that it would force people to use diplomacy instead of infantile bickering.

Scratch that, in my experience infantile bickering is what makes SK tick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:20 pm 
Mortal

Embargo wouldn't work in SK. It'll be like cabal diplomacy between the Hammer and Adepts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:08 pm 
Implementor

Morovik wrote:
What you are talking about is Inflation, where during a war a potato could cost 5 obs, but still, since there is one currency in SK someone who would sell said potato in Exile for five obs would enjoy all the benefits of his trade back home.

I sense this is getting off topic, but if D said that there is a Fixed amount of money about, and a country is gettng poorer from war, then where does that coin go?

Money that is spent on war would go into your kingdom's economy. The government would get poorer due to a war but not your kingdom. Real life wars the problem isn't a lack of currency but a lack of resources. The SK economy doesn't have resources for you to lose at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:11 pm 
Implementor

Gremlin24 wrote:
Just curious, where are we on convincing you D? Do you think you are now for, against, or still undecided on the issue at hand? I think any further input might have to be inspired by how your opinion has changed or hasn't changed.

I like the idea. I'm still not sure of the exact details. I think I might be able to role out some modifications to tribunals before actually making people able to dual-wield a cabal and a tribunal. I am still concerned about the aftereffects of such a change. But I don't think any amount of arguing on this thread can prove what would happen. We'd just have to try and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:52 pm 
Mortal

Im just worried about leaders. What if you have two strong leaders in a tribunal, not only OOCly but ICly (Like when the North had Schkazix and Achrid, for instance) and you merge them with a cabal with two other very strong leaders, what happens next? Good leaders don't grow on trees, as so many forum trolls have reminded us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:29 pm 
Mortal

The Mighty Fluffball wrote:
Im just worried about leaders. What if you have two strong leaders in a tribunal, not only OOCly but ICly (Like when the North had Schkazix and Achrid, for instance) and you merge them with a cabal with two other very strong leaders, what happens next? Good leaders don't grow on trees, as so many forum trolls have reminded us.

I don't see how that problem is any different then it is now. Unless you are talking about collusion which has already been adressed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 68  Next