Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:08 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

That is why I was in favor of giving leaders some sort of buff. I personally think if we allow dual wielding of cabal into trib, and vice versa, then the leader of the tribs and cabals should have some secret power. That wouldn't limit anything. Also, of course the munchkin leaders out there can and will try to become the leader of two factions. I know that if that was allowed the peacekeepers would become irrelevant. The Druids use to try to run the Guardians. The Adepts would love to run the CoN. The only ones that don't have the rp anymore of trying to run their local trib is the Fists and if they did try, they should be cursed into deletion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:13 pm 
Mortal

Alright, more reasons. If you merge the positions so that there are even fewer leaders, the leaders will constantly be players who are given their positions not because of RP but because of PK talent. Not that 9/10 other cabals do that already, it makes the elite player base more elite. If you power up leaders, it makes them an even more elite player base. Ultimately, it will decrease the fun in the game when no one can kill your character because you have an uber advantage and no one will try because they realize that there is no hope of leading or doing anything in their cabal unless they are chaps with players like Jardek.

Second, Muktar you are not a druid, you don't know what the druids do or what they think. Considering that the Druids hate artificial law, any Druid who sought to run a city should be cursed and then deleted and then sitebanned for terrible cabal rp.

The adepts would want to take over the CoN and do practically run it. They could do a solo RP to take over the CoN possibly but that doesn't mean that everyone is so power hungry as the CoN.

The hammer have tried before but it would take a different set of leaders in order to allow them to take over and a lot of killing and RP that would draw other cabals into the fight. Ultimately it would be a bloodbath resulting in another draw.

Third, you are not one to rate my Competence, Jardek, as a leader. Considering the state the druids were in, only two actual members and a complete loss of their lore and history, when I started and how much better they have become, 6 active members and maybe 6 more which are not so active, give or take one or two and a lot of recovered lore/history, and considering that I haven't left them the second the going got tough, so they could die again, like so many leet cabal hopping players... I think I did a pretty [REDACTED] good Job? What have have you done to make the mud or a cabal that is in the pits better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:05 am 
Mortal

Teijo, stop wanking your own 3-penor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:41 am 
Mortal

Muktar wrote:
That is why I was in favor of giving leaders some sort of buff. I personally think if we allow dual wielding of cabal into trib, and vice versa, then the leader of the tribs and cabals should have some secret power.

They have the power to deport/immigrate/banish/pardon etc....

That is enough there. One joins groups for RP purposes, or they should, not for the skill/spell sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:48 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Teijo, actually if you read what I posted they used to do that. I know this because I used to lead the Guardians and had to deal with them telling me how to run Ayamao and many times telling them to focus on their own thing. They don't run Ayamao. I had made no mention about the current state of the Druids on purpose, because I don't know. Historically though, they have tried to tell the Guardians what to do.

MageZ, the vast majority of people choose their cabal before char creation. When they choose their race/class they make it such that it doesn't clash with the skills/spells they get from the cabal. When was the last time you saw a swashie/sprite in the fists? As far as I know only one hellion joined the Harlequins. And many others can add more race/class combos that you won't see in various cabals. The vast majority of the time, they choose the race/class combo to make best use of the skill/spells not just for RP purposes. There are exceptions but those exceptions are not the rule.

Second, the reason why you would give some other boost to leaders because if leaders are not allowed to join another faction, then they would be at a disadvantage. I still prefer Lei Kung's idea though because it would minimize the wimping of the leadership position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:43 am 
Teijo Akihoshi wrote:
Third, you are not one to rate my Competence, Jardek, as a leader. Considering the state the druids were in, only two actual members and a complete loss of their lore and history, when I started and how much better they have become, 6 active members and maybe 6 more which are not so active, give or take one or two and a lot of recovered lore/history, and considering that I haven't left them the second the going got tough, so they could die again, like so many leet cabal hopping players... I think I did a pretty [REDACTED] good Job? What have have you done to make the mud or a cabal that is in the pits better?

You're kidding, right? Your entire third point missed April Fool's day by a couple of months there, chump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:04 am 
Mortal

Wow, this thread is still going? I can't even recall what is in these 50 pages, or how it is even relevant to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:24 am 
Mortal

Jardek posted a pretty good summary of the current questions: Should leaders be excluded from dual-leadership, or even dual-membership, for the sake of group purity? And what happens to MC?

Jardek's idea of making MC a tribunal is pretty good. We need more darkie tribunals than just the CoN; here's one available. Also, it's hard to see the RP justification for splitting the organization into a cabal and tribunal. If we have to pick one, tribunal makes more sense.

But then we're short a dark-aura cabal. And that is a problem: I've a hard time seeing fervent MC members happy in the Druids or Harlequins. Nor would I want them all to be Adepts - that's too dark, even for the Empire.

If we add a group, I still believe an Uxmaln quasi-tribunal is the better possibility. That way anarchists have a good tribunal option, and we can keep MC as a joint cabal/tribunal, with a boost in useful NPCs.

But if anyone has an idea for a new dark-aura cabal with an HQ in the Empire, I think it's worth considering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:33 am 
I think that the MC should keep its powers, to all intents and purposes remaining a trib/cabal, just being grouped with tribunals for the sake of ease of use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:22 am 
Mortal

MC should be broke out into 2 groups, a cabal and a Tribunal.

Elite Guard of the Bright Star - Lawkeepers of the Empire of the Bright Star, this highly militant and highly organized group upholds the law and order in the East. Give them a few more decent NPCs, maybe a decent sorc or two to order around, and of course keep leadership, law immunity, et cetera.

Midnight Council - Where the Elite Guard are the day to day operations of the East upholding the law, the Midnight Council are the deadly inforcers fuctioning where the law is questionable. Dealing with problems within the East and abroad, this force acts as the right hand of the Emperor himself. Striking from the shadows and returning to them just as quickly, those of the Midnight Council are et cetera, et cetera. Restructure the powers and give them one more in exchange for leadership. For the purposes of spys and the like, you do not need to be an Imperial citizen "by law" to be in the ranks of the MC.

*bam* *done*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 68  Next