Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
What is trully unacceptable is the fact that a player needs to make this an issue to the forums.

PS. Those who type QQ in this particular thread, feel their convenience threatened, thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 am 
Mortal

What I find unacceptable is that instead of forming counter arguments or anything productive certain individuals have to justify their e-pen0r size by replying with a simple "QQ more n00b" response.

Back to the topic on hand, I feel that paladin's certainly should be allowed to have unholy weapons faded and then used by them. They should be able to then use them in battle along with their protections and invocations from their fleece of pure unbeaten snow, lightie diety who should be able to curse them for taking up the mantle of something so evil. Also the HF of said faith should be able to tarnish them until they have displayed remorse for utilizing such evils in their work. Finally, even though said HF lightie absolutely hates darkie XYZ, they should be able pay attention when said darkie informs them that their holy knight is utilizing evil artifacts. If the lightie in question is the HF, then that darkie should be allowed to pray to the IMMs to get them involved.

Translation: This should be dealt with IC, and any lightie using weapons of 'unholy energies' should be cursed on sight by IMMs and the weapons should disappear in a puff of purple smoke. Contact your local HF of lightie faith to know the faith's stance on evil artifacts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:33 am 
Fepel Veiled wrote:
Translation: This should be dealt with IC, and any lightie using weapons of 'unholy energies' should be cursed on sight by IMMs and the weapons should disappear in a puff of purple smoke. Contact your local HF of lightie faith to know the faith's stance on evil artifacts.

I could understand Paladins and Priests, but any lightie? If I'm a scrupulous mercenary and I feel like using the Something blade, um, I think I'll go ahead and do it.

Edited the name of the sword so I don't have to listen to people whine about something that doesn't matter.

Edit2 : If stuff like this was supposed to be zappy, the old adamantite from the Chancel would've been zappy. Lighties used to always run around wearing adamantite emblazoned with the flaming sword or with the eye. Didn't see any complaints about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am 
Mortal

I think what people are really complaining about here is the ooc and ic conflict that certain items create. OOCly, you want the best possible items for your character, while ICly you would never sink to using an unholy artifact if you were a light-auraed paladin or priest, and vice versa.

In order to fix this problem, you'd have to catelog all the items currently available in the mud that are 'auraed' and make duplicates usable by the other auras under a different name, which would defeat the entire purpose of having 'artifacts'.

The simplest solution to this would, unfortunately for the Imms, be morphing sacred weapons. Weapons that when held by one of the faith would 'morph' into their choice of weapon, but when not held by a faith member would revert to the favored weapon of the diety in question.

Good luck with that 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:02 am 
Mortal

I think the appropriate line is "This should be dealt with IC" The judgements that no light-aura could possibly use XXX are a little flakier.

If you're not getting satisfaction from IC mortal authorities, and the immortals don't act when reminded of what they're ICly seeing, then you'll just have to deal with it. It's not your religion or your character, that you can decide every nuance. I surely don't recall seeing any weapon restrictions in the alignment/religion help files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
What a thought, rp it out and deal with it icly? Like omg?

Some people just want everything precoded so they can live their little lives happily without an ounce of conflict.

GGNORE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:36 pm 
Mortal

Syndal wrote:
Fepel Veiled wrote:

I could understand Paladins and Priests, but any lightie? If I'm a scrupulous mercenary and I feel like using the Something blade, um, I think I'll go ahead and do it.

Fine, do so until word gets to the resident paladin/HF of {insert very active lightie religion here.} who asks very politely with a large army to have you relenquish and destroy said tool of evil.

All and in all, keep it IC, and Lighties.... Start acting like LIGHTIES for crying out loud. Where is my rampaging champion of light who destroys anything dark auraed or 'evil' at the drop of the hat. I don't care if it'll regen, that's not the point. Holding things so people can't get/use them is [REDACTED]. Yes Lolth, that is directed towards Mel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:22 pm 
Mortal Contributor

It's not "[REDACTED]", it's a perfectly acceptable tactic. Want to use it? Kill her for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:14 pm 
Mortal

Proof that lighties do indeed create the evil they wish to defeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:36 pm 
Mortal

Im2old4u wrote:
What is trully unacceptable is the fact that a player needs to make this an issue to the forums.

PS. Those who type QQ in this particular thread, feel their convenience threatened, thats all.

Actually, no, you find the most random and inane things to come and [REDACTED] about on the forums. And most of them are things that end up not being beneficial to the class you play or isn't beneficial enough.

Who are these lighties that are running around with negative energy weapons and rampantly using them?

Produce me even one log.

I'm the one saying QQ more newb, and my convenience certainly isn't threatened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next