Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:22 pm 
Mortal

Not being able to enter a facility, because you are drunk is a common life related thing. Hence, public drunkeness.. I think something like what was mentioned about knocking out after too many drinks, is realistic, or blacking out, perhaps a penalty could be like, you character would randomly do something, like a trigger that spits out 3 random commands.. every tick or so.. heh. Perhaps vomiting could be another step of too much to drink. I totally love the alcohol thing. It's an option to me though, and I don't drink, unless I know I don't plan on doing anything physical for awile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:19 pm 
Mortal

I don't know about anyone else but I drink fairly regularly and I don't think it's ever stopped me from going anywhere. I mean, unless I drink alot. Which is clearly not happening if you're in sk.
As for drinking certain ales, that just really leaves alot lacking in the roleplay department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:32 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: I wish :(
I still think that prehaps Let me enterr should be added to the Script to let people in places.. such as cabal headquarters and what not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:33 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Umdon
I know for a fact if your shitfaced they will not let into a bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:35 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: I wish :(
I just think that it needs to be looked at, drinking is a fun part of this game, I want to be able to *Stumble* and *Fall* while I try to walk, also letting me get passed the guard because he knows Im wasted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:57 am 
Mortal

Here is an idea. Dont drink it. Just Emote it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:06 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

I think resistance should be added to drinking, one that is built up over time but never perfected.

As for your constructs not accepting your drunken speech, lets think of constructs as bouncers for a moment. When you go stumbling up to the entrance of an exclusive establishment and slur your demands to the guy at the door, he is going to deny your admittance more often than not. I realize that is stretching the constructs primary function but they are sort of like a no-nonsense bouncer.

Or you can just do what Carsetius said and rp drunkeness instead of really drinking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:43 pm 
Being drunk should boost your damage and durability (since drunk people feel less) in combat, but lower your accuracy and speed.

This way, we can have some drunken kungfu masters.

Oh snap! That idea is all mine, you all stay away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:45 pm 
Mortal

Carsetius wrote:
Here is an idea. Dont drink it. Just Emote it!

Because drinking is coded to have the effect it does in the game, I believe it should be used. Emoting to get around it would be similar to using emotes to speak (this use to be a cheat).

Algorab wrote:
As for your constructs not accepting your drunken speech, lets think of constructs as bouncers for a moment. When you go stumbling up to the entrance of an exclusive establishment and slur your demands to the guy at the door, he is going to deny your admittance more often than not. I realize that is stretching the constructs primary function but they are sort of like a no-nonsense bouncer.

I understand the bouncer analogy, but I don't believe it can be applied as broadly as suggested. For example, I as a US citizen, can cross into Mexico and drink myself blind. As I'm crossing the boarder back into the US, the boarder guards can't prevent me from crossing because I'm too drunk. On the other hand, assume I belong to an exclusive country club and try to enter so drunk I can't stand and only talk about how I can feel my tongue, I would be turned away (unless I was a member of very significant standing). But if we substitute a college fraternity for country club I would be let in (and later I would wake up without an eyebrow).

I use these three examples to show that the bouncer analogy can only be used in context. If you are talking about entering Fist HQ then it would apply. But if you are talking about entering a city or Harly HQ I don't believe it does.

Lastly, I understand the want to add penalties to drinking because it is more realistic, but it is a bad idea. As realistic as it might be, it negatively affects playability. If you can make something more realistic with out negatively impacting playability, by all means pursue it. When you can't much of the time playability must win out.

Lei Kung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Umdon
You cannot enter the US by saying enter. You get in by passports.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next