Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 68  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:01 am 
Salandarin wrote:
A Druid simply wouldn't get into the CoN in the first place - those are totally bizarre combinations that won't happen. It's like having a diabolic Hammer, or a principled Adept - technically possible, but NOT going to happen.

Hear hear.

DA, I appreciate that you disagree, but a great deal of your argument here can simply be written off as implausible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:09 am 
Mortal

Jardek wrote:
Your "Ayamao is not meant to be a light nation" supposition is just that - a supposition.

Lightie kingdoms: Taslamar, Zhensh
Grey kingdoms: Ayamao, Uxmal
Darkie kingdoms: Wastes, Empire

It's a simple balance issue and not a supposition.

But if you still can't see how can dual leadership totally destroy all the RP and historical background behind tribunals so far, I can't say more. Because let's admit it, a government will always be a toy to other organizations(as we can see from world's history already) and not the other way around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:09 am 
Mortal

Actually DA, my druid was was from the north and was invited to the CoN, only reason I changed my homeland was because I was tired of being secretive. I just did not want ot have to deal with recalling into a land I might get wanted in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:11 am 
Mortal

Whoops - I deleted my post thinking it was being made redundant by Jardek's, so I'll repost what I said.
I wrote:
A Druid simply wouldn't get into the CoN in the first place - those are totally bizarre combinations that won't happen. It's like having a diabolic Hammer, or a principled Adept - technically possible, but NOT going to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:13 am 
I hope for your sake that you don't actually believe a word you're saying, DA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:15 am 
Mortal

A Druid will actually attempt to infiltrate CoN and destroy necromancy from the inside. And once the Druid gets the leadership spot, he will stop being secretive and actually start destroying CoN since none can stop him(save for immortal interaction - which will be stupid since they found good RP a druid to actually infiltrate CoN, but when he got the power they stopped him).

Or you still can't understand that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:38 am 
Mortal

If a player manages to do that, more power to them. That would take mad skill.

The rest of the CoN would then have some awesome civil uprising RP to play with. I see INFINITE RP opportunities there, all of them majorly sweet.

The point is: the only way the circumstances you're afraid of are going to happen, is with tons of great RP and a lot of work, and even then, the results aren't going to be in a squashed tribunal, but a tribunal with one very big goal to work against (or for, depending on how you look at it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:42 am 
Mortal

Yeah, he can try and stop it. CoN, at least as the helpfiles state, is amde of clan chiefs and such. It seems more a federation in my mind. If a druid did take power, he would have to contend against all these clans still. Granted you could be a dick and tarnish all the other CoN members, but that would be a dick thing to do really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:08 am 
Mortal

It's not being a dick. It's using the powers that are given to you and you have gained. It's suddenly saying "Ha, I am the law and power in these lands" and using this power. Only if you are stupid you would allow your enemies to still be near you and not uninduct/deport/banish immediately.

Do you want similar real life instance? <POLITICS REMOVED> The same will happen if suddenly NW becomes an undead-less kingdom. If Druids say jump, Krychirians jump. If they say undead are not allowed, they won't be allowed.

So just don't destroy the history and RP of tribunals and kingdoms. It's simple as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:39 am 
Quote:
Or you still can't understand that?

You'd better be careful with your trolling, young man. You just came off a vacation; it'd be a shame to see you go back to one so fast. I understand exactly where you're coming from, but as Tatalion said, I believe it's a hysterical overexaggeration where it isn't blatantly impossible.

As for your argument - there are two leaders. Boom, your argument's gone. Equally, a spy/traitor leader would have to be really, really careful with what they did so that they didn't oocly destroy the cabal or tribunal. In the past when such ooc destruction and poor sportsmanship has been imminent, immortals have stepped in to effect a change themselves.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 68  Next