Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Crafting Skills
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:21 am 
Mortal

Have the Immortals ever considered adding skills that can make items? I think it would contribute greatly to roleplay, and be great fun if a player could create items and own a shop in one of the many cities in Pyrathia.

Any thoughts from other players or the Immortals?

Post subject: Re: Crafting Skills
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:21 am 
Gene wrote:
Have the Immortals ever considered adding skills that can make items? I think it would contribute greatly to roleplay, and be great fun if a player could create items and own a shop in one of the many cities in Pyrathia.

Any thoughts from other players or the Immortals?

Suggested

Denied

Move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:22 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I like the idea of trade skills or crafting skills. There's a variety that could exist and work in SK:

Glassblower- Makes vials out of materials gathered by the miner. Vial level based on materials used.
    Scrollmaker- Crafts magical scrolls out of materials grown by the farmer. Scroll level based on materials used.
    Miner- Mines caves for various ores used in glassblowing, armorer, weaponsmith, toomaker, wandsmith, staffmaker. Quantity and type of ore found based on level of miner.
    Armorer- Creates armor out of materials provided by the miner or farmer. Level based on materials used and armorer level.
    Weaponsmith- Creates weapons of materials provided by the miner or farmrer. Level based on materials used and weaponsmith level.
    Weaver- Creates textiles used in tailoring. Required materials from the farmer . Level of cloth created based on available materials and weaver level.
    Tailor- Repair and craft armors, containers, and treasures. Level based on materials used and tailor level.
    Farmer- Grows crops and lumber needed for the apothecary, wandsmith, staffmaker, weaver, scrollmaker, armorer, and weaponsmith. The quantities and materials produced based on level and land type used.
    Apothecary- Makes pills out of herbs and various materials. Level, quantity, and spell based on materials used. Available spells limited by level.
    Jeweler- Makes jewelry and treasures. Level based on materials used. Random enchantments appear at higher levels.
    Toolmaker- Makes tools needed for all trade skills. Tool level based on level of materials used. Better tools needed for higher level crafting.
    Wandsmith- Makes basic magical wands. Available spells limited by level. Spell in wand at level of caster. Wand item based on level of materials used.
    Staffmaker- Makes basic magical staves. Available spells limited by level. Spell in staff at level of caster. Staff item based on level of materials used.

Think bards.

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:34 am 
Mortal

So we'll see them about when a 12ghz processor and 12 terabyte hard disk is entry level?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:54 pm 
Implementor

I have never said denied, only deferred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:15 pm 
Mortal

I would love to be a blacksmith. :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:47 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
I have seen some modules on the mud coder's forums and sites, that allow for user customizable and creating items such as armor and weapons. I can't say I did not like it. It should add to the game.

A) It would change the standard appearance of everyone with heavy armors using A set, light armors using B set and cloth armor using C set.
B) It would not be immediately identified upon first glance, thus letting you OOCly or ICly know how strong an armor your opponent wears
C) It would allow some player customization and everyone knows how much players like to have a unique something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:12 am 
Mortal

Ghent would have made overpowered staves of charm and would have used them to have a LOT of fun. ;)

I would SO make a new character and stick to it if I could become an artificer. No doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:21 am 
I genuinely want to see this, I'd do the work myself to see it in the game, or take over someone's else's so they could work on this.

Seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:25 pm 
Dulrik wrote:
I have never said denied, only deferred.

Undeffer it?