Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [idea] 'Gate Targetrs'
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:58 pm 
Here's something that's always been bothering me. For centuriues now mages and priests in SK have been summoning poor shopkeepers into all places imaginable. Sk's shopkeepers, or anyone who happens to have an easy name for a mage to remember, has seen more then any common man would ever wish to see. In fact, most of these people, assuming they somehow manage to make it back to their homes, would probably either end up in an asylum, or would change buisness to survival masters.

Here's a couple of suggestions to avoid that:

- Store bought items, like stones, that can be gated to when they are put on the ground. If the stones are carried by someone, and generaly when they are not left on the ground, immobile, they do not work as gate targets.

- A spell castable by mages and priests, landmarking an area for that mage or priest, so that he can later gate or teleport to that specific location. Up to 5 locations can be memorised at any one time, and they are forgotten if not revisited. after a long time passes.

- Certain 'tagged' constructs to be used as summon-guardians, and gate targets

Of course, people will still be able to summon your poor olde shopkeep to use as a retreat point at the spire, but lighties will at least be able to avoid the moral issues.

Post subject: Yes
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:38 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Walthur
Love it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:50 pm 
Mortal

I second this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:51 pm 
Mortal

Th-th-th-thiiirded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:44 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
This sounds nice indeed, but I can already see a couple of ways to abuse it.
I would love to be able to let a gate anchor behind and be able thus, to move about faster.

I still dont know if SK's administration is too happy about gate anchors though, so I will second the idea with some hesitation :P

Still it would be nice, give XXXX and XXXX a relative peace of mind from the various places they are being summoned to 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:30 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I like the Gate-Stone Idea.
Here's something to support it. new spell for all who have the gate/teleport spell(I don't think that it should work for rifts though).

c 'create moonstone'
the stone produced could be something varying in appearance though only one stone at the time can be used. The wizard through the creation of the spell places some of his magical essence into a common pebble giving him a spirit disorientation kind of effect that lasts up to the point that the stone is destroyed. He may then c 'gate' moonstone or c teleport moonstone.

The disorientation stands in order to avoid wizards having loot hideouts or placing many stones in key locations for 'future use'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 am 
Mortal

If someone happens to see the dropped stone, could they perhaps junk it or better yet move it???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:27 pm 
Mortal

meztiso wrote:
If someone happens to see the dropped stone, could they perhaps junk it or better yet move it???

Sounds fun, and maybe you should only be able to create one, a second creation causes the first to return to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:38 pm 
Mortal

I like the idea of colors gate stones. Each kind has a different color which is the target for the gate. Ie c Gate green. Some colors are common so to hit your stone you might have to c gate 3.green. This leaves the option to put a trap down for people using this "easy way' to get around. Other colors are unique and harder to get. A gate stone can be picked up and moved from its location by anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:19 pm 
NO, don't limit gate stones that much, one person will end up hoarding the whole lot of them and noon else will ever see them because they log of for a month at a time.