Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:17 pm 
Mortal

Er...Sorry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:27 pm 
Mortal

ilkaisha wrote:
Time to quit bitching about how you weren't included in an RP and to start networking so that when something cool happens your IC friends are like, "OMG YOU HAVE TO COME BE A PART OF THIS!"

Everyone take their hand back from the begging palm-out position, and stop the QQing.

It IS a GRP, it happens to be quite cabal intensive, but I don't see why every last person in Pyrathia can't be involved. Don't expect the IMMs to come to you personally with an RP-present wrapped in shiny paper with a big bow. That's LAME ++.

One, no one talks about it in character. If they do, it is kept in channels not available to others, or spoken so rarely that they shut up about it when someone walks in and then takes it to a channel that the character cannot hear it. Without resorting to using OOC information, how would one breach this subject?

Two, when an immortal tells you OOC to pretend that your character dozed off the entire time so you can't participate, how are you supposed to get involved?

The players are dropping the ball on this, and the immortals, while are trying to bring momentum and conclusion to this, aren't making outside characters feel welcome in it.

I stated the above not as whine, [REDACTED], moan, etc, but as a fact. A point to show those already involved that YOU are not doing your job and being exclusive not inclusive. If you do not like it, tough. That is how it has been played out to this point. It is opening up, thanks to the threads started here and in General Discussion, and I am sure people are using the OOC knowledge to bring their characters into it without being obtuse about it. At least when Dabi was doing the world ending RP, there were notes on boards to tell people of signs and information of what might be expected, the prophecies attached to it, people actually speaking about it in the open. Where is that now? Why aren't people who know what is going on making the effort to pull in more people rather than keeping it as shelted as possible? People cannot question what they know nothing about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:16 pm 
My character's not really in a position to want to go sharing this information with everyone.

That doesn't mean all of the characters involved aren't.

The people who Aerlyn trusts and depends on (which apparently you are not one of, or else you would be included) are up to date, involved, and included.

That's all I'm saying. Your character is obviously expendable in the eyes of whomever you are expecting to involve you in this GRP. Your own fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm 
Mortal

I can't speak for the IMMs, but I've been running full-sprint with this ever since I crossed paths with it - I hadn't had any encounter with any GRP before this, but now that I'm involved, I'm loving it, and trying to get as many people involved as I can. I've spent just about every moment I can spare telling other people about it (IC, I haven't said ANYTHING OOC), but Ilkaisha's right - it's cabal intensive. If you aren't in SOME kind of related group, there won't be incentive for your character to get involved or for my character to tell you about it. *shrug*

I am fully intending to make a global note detailing the events, but I'm a busy guy, and I also hate writing notes, so it's not the first thing I jumped to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:27 pm 
Mortal

From what I see (which is admittedly skewed), the dark side of the RP is pretty open, almost all the major dark aura characters know what is going on, whether they are in a cabal involved or not.

Seems like the lighties just don't want to share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:31 pm 
ilkaisha wrote:
My character's not really in a position to want to go sharing this information with everyone.

That doesn't mean all of the characters involved aren't.

The people who Aerlyn trusts and depends on (which apparently you are not one of, or else you would be included) are up to date, involved, and included.

That's all I'm saying. Your character is obviously expendable in the eyes of whomever you are expecting to involve you in this GRP. Your own fault.

This is kind of our point, we can't really get involved IC because we aren't "worthy"

World echoes made everyone goWTF? And some of us still have no clue what happened IC even though we have spent some tim etrying to find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:34 pm 
Mortal

Then you are not asking the right people. My character fills anyone who asks in on the stuff that happens in public. With a little rp he will tell you some nitty gritty, but to really get the secret stuff I admit you need to be trusted by my character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:35 pm 
Yana wrote:
This is kind of our point, we can't really get involved IC because we aren't "worthy"

World echoes made everyone goWTF? And some of us still have no clue what happened IC even though we have spent some tim etrying to find out.

It's my fault your character is a nobody to mine? No.

And, FYI, yanawannaqqmore, I wasn't even here for the particular session of RP that is the subject of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:36 pm 
SK_Phantom wrote:
. . . but to really get the secret stuff I admit you need to be trusted by my character.

THANK YOU.

Apparently you're wrong. What you're supposed to do is bow to the meek and get them involved in this GRP "just because."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:44 pm 
Mortal

One of the things I have done is randomly talk to people about it, but I would never do that with a light aura and to be honest those guys RP does kinda lean them towards telling people, where its more in our interest to keep it secret. This is why the Lighties need to share!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next