Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 07/06/2013 Q&A
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:59 am 
Gold Donor

I think allowing people to join as many tribunals as they want with alts will be beneficial. Now PvP players who play this game as a game are free to have a few alts on the "good" or "bad" sides and can switch up to make more balanced teams and prove they can own their friends no matter what aura they play!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 am 
Mortal

the_me wrote:
I think allowing people to join as many tribunals as they want with alts will be beneficial. Now PvP players who play this game as a game are free to have a few alts on the "good" or "bad" sides and can switch up to make more balanced teams and prove they can own their friends no matter what aura they play!

And when that happens, I will agree.

However, the more likely scenario is that people will create an alt character to join a tribunal that is at war (or hostile) with the cabal and/or tribunal of his main character. Then all of the tribunal chats the alt character has access to are going to get broadcast on YIM.

Good times, good times.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 am 
Gold Donor

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
However, the more likely scenario is that people will create an alt character to join a tribunal that is at war (or hostile) to the cabal and/or tribunal of his main character. Then all of the tribunal chats the alt character has access to are going to get broadcast on YIM.

I like to hope not, and like to think it is a minority of players that would do something so petty.

Also, I doubt it would matter, and the cheaters could be fairly easily caught if it becomes a noticeable problem. I can just imagine how butt-hurt the first person to get all his characters deleted and loyalty points revoked (guessing that would be a fitting punishment) would be!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:19 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Have you noticed that your character's name is basically hamburglar?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Yeah why is there a character named Hamburger in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:31 pm 
Mortal

I will give it a try before I knock it. It just seems like now the game is going to be overrun with players who are really good at PK and now will have an even bigger advantage and the rest will be turned away from the game because they cannot compete.

I know Dulrik trusts people to not abuse this, and they won't. They will just find loop holes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
That mission was already accomplished. You must have missed seeing members of The Imperial Legions tribunal on the who list.

Oh, I saw the massive number of legions but didn't know that they were separate from the cabal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:45 pm 
Mortal

Loop holes in what exactly? I think people are under the impression that ooc yimming hasn't been going on. Yes a person could very well roll an opposite aura character and have access to tribunal chat, but that's about it. Because of this, I try to be very careful about what I say through that channel. If a person is so competitive that they have to rely on ooc yimming from buddies to relay enemy locations and other info, they are obviously terrible at the game, and have absolutely no sense of fair play. Lets make an effort to do the right thing and keep IC info where it belongs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:55 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

SK Character: Alshain
We understand the concerns brought up and we will do our best to watch for people cheating. But I have to agree with the last comment. If you have to stoop to that level, you are not very good at the game. Let's all try to play fair and use our heads. SK is not about "winning", it is about enjoying a role play environment that is invigorated with PK. Let's try to enjoy each other, not destroy each other OOCly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:50 pm 
Mortal

Alshain wrote:
Let's try to enjoy each other,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next