Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Why? Why not? : Symbols
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 pm 
Mortal

Dabi wrote:
I would be interested in seeing the sacred armor stripped of current spell benefits and instead given access to the associated religion spells. I've pushed this a few times in the immstaff, maybe it's time to bring it up for discussion again.

I love this idea. I'd be a liar though if I didn't admit to often depending on the sacred armor for protection/armor. Though the number of religions that is viable in is very limited since most sacred armor blows; in terms of their rune distribution that is.

zelenik wrote:
Hey look! I'm over here trying to bring this back on topic.

Assuming that this idea was considered, should something like this be granted to all members of the church? I feel like the gift of this divine spell granted to any believer should be related to the members relationship with their god. I even feel that it fits better as granted to someone for their service. Would it seem fitting to do something like this for favored members? Maybe should the ability be somehow more effective based on their relationship with their god (favored 1,2,and 3)?

I think this would be an excellent mechanism to balance who gains access, but I wouldn't want to change the number value of the spell's effectiveness based on their relative favor. I think it would also provide greater incentive to become favored, and therefore greater RP opportunities. Laymen don't get access, but favored and high followers do. To me this would spawn opportunities to create religious pilgrimage tests; I mean ICly not ACTUAL quests in SK, something the High Follower/Priest would design to help the members gain a better understanding of how they might better feel the favor of their chosen deity.

Note: I had previously thought of something similar to your idea in modifying the effectiveness of a spell. For example I pondered proposing that paladins/hellions should have access to the sacred spell, but to a lesser degree in terms of how effective it is, 50% or so.

Keep in mind that this idea doesn't imply that the religious spell be removed from the priests, but just function to help non-cleric classes gain access to their Deity's blessings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:41 pm 
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:55 pm 
Mortal

Sounds good to me.