It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Problems with the law code
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Lumiere wrote:
Opey wrote:
So, jihadists attack my local city and start shooting everyone. I bust out my own pistol (cause I live in Kansas and we open carry here like crazy people) and start shooting back. The police then arrive at the scene. Do the police invite me into their group? Nope. They tell me to stand down and maybe even arrest me (except probably not cause I'm white). The point is, if I'm not a police officer (tribunal member) they don't pardon me for anything.

Quote:
jihadists

This is what Fox News does to people.

-

The police would probably question you, but eventually determine that you had not committed a crime. There would be a hassle, but you would not spend the rest of your life in jail- especially because you're white aura.

Real life law does have pardons, which in the US are issued by state governors.

It also has basic legal concepts like the right to self-defense, the right to defend other people, and citizen's rights.

I think that your reference to Fox News culture is actually a great argument for this situation.

So, you open carry. If you were eating a hamburger in McDonalds in Kansas, and a dark aura thug came in and attacked the cashier with a knife to try to rob the cash register, and you shot and killed the dark aura thug, would the court system throw you in jail, after the police had gotten you to stand down and questioned you?

You seem to make a lot of assumptions about me in your "argument." Yeah, I used the term jihadist because it illustrates the worst humanity has to offer, just like an evil person in SK attacking a light aura city like Exile.

In your example of me eating at McDonald's (I would never do that, BTW), I would be in some serious trouble. No, I wouldn't go to jail for my whole life, just like no one goes to jail for their character's whole life in SK. Just like real life has pardons, OMG SK has pardons too. This is an issue that has been hashed over so many times. It is pointless to keep bringing it up.

I'm really not sure how I gave a "Fox news culture" example, but I think it is ridiculous that you would say that if you really knew me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
grep wrote:

Oh, dear lord! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:30 pm 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
Lol, maybe not, but who's going to argue that Florida and Texas are beacons of the light?

Lumiere

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:34 am 
Mortal

The Bush family.

I generally always played cabals over tribunals just to avoid having to deal with the issues in this thread.