Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brainstorm: What change(s) would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:42 pm 
Immortal

iali wrote:
I really, really think that the staff needs to review their list of sitebanned players and think about letting them all come back. I don't know about the rest of you but i'm sure having a BLAST playing with all 5 other people that play this MUD anymore. /sarcasm

They would first have to request to have their bans lifted. I can tell you that sexual harassment, ToS, and hacking bans are not going to be lifted, as well as any bans that Dulrik has declared permanent and irreversible for whatever other reason, but I'm open to the rest. Any banned player is welcome to PM me to inquire further.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:08 pm 
Mortal

Have an IMM descend and talk to the mortals to give them quests in exchange of unique equipment or fame. I believe Pyrathia is immense and ready for adventures, but the ones that know where the things are either gone or inactive.

I do not know if this idea was already posted (I didn't read all the pages of this post). But that is my 1.5 cent.

Last edited by burguez on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:23 pm 
Mortal

I know a change I'd like to see would be the costs incurred by diplomacy for tribunals. When I was in charge of the Keepers a long long time ago, I'd throw like 10 obsidian a week in there by myself (which wasn't easy to do as a priest), and it was gone almost as fast as I put it in there. That was without people hunting down bounty hunters. The tax system is nice to provide a slight bit of revenue, but with numbers as low as they are, anybody who has to spend half or more of their game time JUST collecting money is going to resent the system.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:02 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Baduin
jreid_1985 wrote:
Sounds as if you are on the verge of receiving a board warning dub.

It is probably better to offer alternative ideas like..reducing the token respecialize cost instead of criticism.

I support this, that gives us the incentive to gain tokens, so Mercs can test weapon efficiency and combinations instead of rerolls and chart making.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:16 am 
Mortal

Any merc who knows the costs incurred is going to hit GM and find the weapons that he truly likes, then makes sure he is going to be able to get said weapons before even deciding to specialize. For instance, I knew a merc who spec'd epee, then realized he couldn't find any adamantite ones, and since there are only about three diamond epees (that I know of) in the game, he screwed himself in the end and didn't have enough LP to cover a respec. Which brings us back to the age old question: When are we going to be able to spend LP on the character that earned them?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 pm 
Mortal

Let people spend their LT's on the character they earned them on.

Not being able to spend the LTs on the character you made them on is in direct conflict with the idea that LT's are there to discourage people from re-rolling so frequently.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm 
Mortal

Well based off of Dulrik's change to making shoot damage a little better, I'm guessing he's not going to add the marksmanship skill for scouts. Honestly I believe scouts' ranged attacks should be almost on par with warlocks. Perhaps, since there's not going to be a marksmanship skill, they could get something like "multi-shot" which will fire one arrow into everyone (or maybe just four people) in the opposing group. Couldn't spam it, per se, but it would be a skill similar to kick, just with a bit bigger lag. Really, one arrow into the back row isn't gonna do much besides annoy a healer, but it would definitely distract from single-target healing, and maybe make scouts a bit more resourceful for PK (though not much more). Just my two cents.

:drunk:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:33 am 
Implementor

Dubzilla wrote:
Well based off of Dulrik's change to making shoot damage a little better, I'm guessing he's not going to add the marksmanship skill for scouts.

There is no relation between the contents of this update and marksmanship. I have neither decided to do marksmanship nor not do marksmanship. I've been stretching hard to get in a variety of changes and fixes, including items that were on the "this would excite me to play" thread. So you may see marksmanship further down the line as the queue opens up. Or maybe the multi-shot idea, as that also sounds interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:15 am 
Mortal

Awesome. Look forward to future implementations.
:drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:11 am 
Mortal

Crafting, please make a crafting system. Let me go mine ore while I wait for people to come online and forge my own equipment.
Leathworking, scroll making, vial crafting, pill making, pet rearing. Give me something to do besides wait.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next