Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brainstorm: What change(s) would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:00 pm 
Mortal

I would like to see the "kick" skill not only damage hit points but also damage PE as well to make it a little more viable in combat aside from just while training.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:16 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Karvik wrote:
I would like to see the "kick" skill not only damage hit points but also damage PE as well to make it a little more viable in combat aside from just while training.

Pretty sure it does as of a couple of years ago. It just does so little PE damage that it might as well not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:45 pm 
Mortal

Yed wrote:
Just in case you (or somebody else reading this) doesn't know, every stat point that you use toward mana will improve your mana-regen.
(I know that nobody wants to use their stat points this way as a non-caster, but it is an option for something similar- but not as good as- meditation.)

Actually, I always consider the 6 mana trains absolute in being a requirement for a bard.
For all intensive purposes you are a caster, the issue with stat points is that bards are as MAD(multiple attribute dependency) as paladins.
Dex, Int, Cha are all primary attributes affecting everything you do, with Con and Wis close behind, and face it no one wants to dump Str that far.

While I would love to see bards get meditation or shield block, even something less like a 'focus' skill allowing half the regen of meditation while resting would go a long way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:23 pm 
Mortal

Dubzilla wrote:
Cordance wrote:
Second herb <X> active command. This would cost PE (about what it costs to walk a wilderness room of similar type) it would double or triple the chance of getting X herb while completely removing the chance of getting any other kind of herb. That way you dont end up with mountains of herbs when you are just looking for one kind.

I dunno about this one. There's a benefit to going out looking for a specific type and getting tons of other stuff. For one, you might find that, "Oh yeah I -did- need some of that other stuff" or two "Well, time to sell a bunch of this crap and make some extra money". Just my two cents.
:drunk:

I agree with both sentiments here, so perhaps a compromise. I would like to see scouts get something like a nurture skill.
You collect tons of different herbs, if you could bury a specific one you wanted and then *nurture* it, taking ME/PE and a decent lag tick to do so, then perhaps it makes a small bush of that specific herb that will spawn 2 or 3 of said herb every 5-10 min until the bush dies in say like 30 minutes. Maybe cap it so that you can only have 3 bushes nutured at the same time and attempting to do more will cause one of your others to die off.

Also I'm thinking of this bush as just a basic container that spawns the specific herbs in it, so anyone would be able to harvest them. Leaving your bushes unattended could lead to someone stealing your herbs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 pm 
Mortal

I'm still a strong supporter of the marksmanship skill. One reason I fell out of love with my scout is because his giant-sized diamond arrows were deflecting off of adamantite armor. Granted, adamantite is durable, but come on. Ping ping ping, no dmg. Marksmanship!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:45 pm 
Mortal

Karvik wrote:
I agree with both sentiments here, so perhaps a compromise. I would like to see scouts get something like a nurture skill.
You collect tons of different herbs, if you could bury a specific one you wanted and then *nurture* it, taking ME/PE and a decent lag tick to do so, then perhaps it makes a small bush of that specific herb that will spawn 2 or 3 of said herb every 5-10 min until the bush dies in say like 30 minutes. Maybe cap it so that you can only have 3 bushes nutured at the same time and attempting to do more will cause one of your others to die off.

Also I'm thinking of this bush as just a basic container that spawns the specific herbs in it, so anyone would be able to harvest them. Leaving your bushes unattended could lead to someone stealing your herbs.

This would definitely create a farming community in SK, which really isn't a horrible idea, except you'd have to put a restriction on it, like only being able to nurture your plant in the specific environment where you can find it using herbalism. Leaving bushes unattended...(withholds perverted and most likely offensive joke)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Look, there's just no point in a cultivation or nurture ability for scouts. If you want a specific type of herb it is easy to fly around and find it in abundance.

A marksman ability is also not needed. Your arrows should be deflecting off of adamantine armor. That is the point of heavy armor. You should be shooting at soft targets. That's how the scout class works.

Real simple stuff, folks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 am 
Mortal

By that logic, warriors with addy should be invincible. Wind already destroys ranged damage and scouts being able to find holes in armor isnt that far fetched.

As for herbs, you can carry around stat mods to boost the primary stat for herbalism.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:55 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
No I'm talking specifically about arrows. In my experience, giant arrows weren't being deflected by adamantine armor but I also realized that ranged combat was much more effective against people with lower hp or in medium or cloth armor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 am 
Mortal

The only time I've seen giant or large sized arrows deflect off of adamantite or otherwise has been when there was a certain cabal ability in play that doesn't work unless there is a group formation around it.

Although I do support scouts getting -some- kind of ability to help with ranged. The ranged equivalent of a "finesse" skill for scouts could go a long way to help shore up their shoddy damage output.

Note that this is for your average scout. I've seen plenty of giant scouts wreck people at ranged.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next